The SUPER Defense Power (6E)

prestidigitator

Re: The SUPER Defense Power (6E)

One point while I'm on 'Allocatable': page 276 - you can buy Resistant Protection and' date=' if it is Allocatable, you can reduce any of the defenses to 0 to increase any of the others, but "[i']can’t put any points into Mental Defense, Power Defense, or any other defense not originally bought for it[/i]": why wouldn't you (except for that weird 'concept' thing) buy at least one point of each defence type: there is no downside to it, if you are buying 'Allocatable' anyway?

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind when I read through it again, though it's as old as 5E. I guess a very small helper there would be to insist that the defenses return to their default allocation between encounters (a Non-Persistent aspect to even a Persistent defense power). Even then it is a tempting power gaming hack, eh? Heh.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The SUPER Defense Power (6E)

Thinking about this some more I came up with the following: Instead of comparing DN to RD or a combination of RD and PD/ED, which seems to come out in RD/ED/PD's favor. Lets compare a Limited form of DN (Only works on Stun -1/2) combined with a little RD versus the combo of RD/ED/PD that we did before. The reason for doing this is simple the amount of Body dealt by any attack is generally alot less then the Stun, so we don't need alot of ED/PD for the Body of an attack in fact its overkill but its necessary since we need it cover the Stun of an attack. So here goes:

12d6 DN (Only versus Stun -1/2) 40 Points

12 rPD 18 Points

versus

12 rPD 18 Points

40 PD

The real trouble here is that now you have to arbitrate somehow which were the dice in the attack that were "BOD only" or somesuch. Slows down game...