I hate Gadroon

Guest Celt

I don't mean my character hates them. I hate them. They are ridiculously overpowered and way underscored for level. I hate doing the Gadroon quests, both in the city but especially in Canada. If it were not for the lack of other mission content at this time, I would skip the Gadroon missions completely.

So, if anyone else needs help dealing with these frogs from hell, give me a tell and I'll help you clear the missions as quick as we can if I am not in the middle of something else.

:mad: I hate Gadroon. :bmk:

Re: I hate Gadroon

Right there with ya.

I painfully clawed (shot, kicked, Lead Tempested...) my way through most (I think) of the Gadroon quests in Canada. All I have left is killing the Gadroon Shaper -- a master villain who, like Kevin Poe, is all about grabs, knockback, and restraints. (Translation: a Munitions guy like me* can't solo him, not even [in the case of Poe] with a four-level advantage.) So yeah, I could defintely use some help on that guy... and would be glad to help others through Gadroon Hell as well.

*: Well, maybe some Munitions guys can, for all I know. But I can't, and Irrefutable Logic therefore dictates that No One Can. :eek::D

Orbital Cannon does seem to work well *as long as you can get that puppy up and running*, from what I've seen the gadgeteers do. If they slap you around, put you in holds and roots you can't resist (despite having over 100% resist equipped) or throw out those gravity wells, it's hard to do anything but the instant click stuff.

So what everyone else said about helping others with these GD'roon missions - grab me and I'll help. There's a reason I rolled Qularr telepath: I can now bring my OOC hate into the game IC.

I would include an emoticon here at the end of the post, but there is nothing that adequately describes my black, bitter hate.

Orbital Cannon does seem to work well *as long as you can get that puppy up and running*' date=' from what I've seen the gadgeteers do. If they slap you around, put you in holds and roots you can't resist (despite having over 100% resist equipped) or throw out those gravity wells, it's hard to do anything but the instant click stuff.[/quote']

For close combat, my main toys are sonic device and toxic nanites. Orbital cannon is mostly an alpha strike trick, though it can be used in combat if you time it right. If you've got a slow trick, use it right after the bad guys throw a big attack, and it usually won't be disrupted.

I was able to solo the missions in canada with Protector, but they truly a pain. The final mission that Steve above refers to took me three tries to complete, and once I did I was really glad I pasted that guy.

So people know what kinda build it takes to take them out: Protector is a force build with rank 3 Invulnerability. STR/CON as superstats, a self-healing ability, and I have experience in the game dating back all the way to alpha. I STILL had a hard time soloing them.

Steve, if you need help still, send me a tell in game and I'll gladly help with payback. :)

So people know what kinda build it takes to take them out: Protector is a force build with rank 3 Invulnerability. STR/CON as superstats' date=' a self-healing ability, and I have experience in the game dating back all the way to alpha. I STILL had a hard time soloing them.[/quote']

Apparently the Gadroon have a buggy attack that ignores defenses (one of the devs said this, not just a rumor). That may have contributed to your problems (should be less relevant to regen characters).

Awww, and I haven't yet got to the stage where I can suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of the gadroon yet. Oh well. I'll have to find my own tales of misery and woe then! (tho hopefully that'll be forestalled, now that I a) understand super characteristics and, B) was able to use my free retcon to sort my mentalist character out)

read latest patch notes gadron getting nerfed overnight... literally :P

It's about time considering people have been ranting about Gadroon since beta. Nice to see the nerf bat swing away on this.

Steve, if you need help still, send me a tell in game and I'll gladly help with payback.

I may just take you -- or someone else who offered -- up on that. ;) I haven't yet gone back to Canada to take another shot at that mission; I spent yesterday working on crafting and questing in MC to get to 25th level. Nemesis time! ::does the Nemesis Time dance:: If the Gadroon have in fact been nerfed, I'll give it one more solo shot, and if that doesn't work I'm blowin' on my cavalry bugle. ;)

I may just take you -- or someone else who offered -- up on that. ;) I haven't yet gone back to Canada to take another shot at that mission; I spent yesterday working on crafting and questing in MC to get to 25th level. Nemesis time! ::does the Nemesis Time dance:: If the Gadroon have in fact been nerfed' date=' I'll give it one more solo shot, and if that doesn't work I'm blowin' on my cavalry bugle. ;)[/quote']

Go get'em, BMK! :bmk: Send up a moon signal if you need help.

They tooks my Moon Signal in beta. :( Also my Man-Portable One-Shot-One-Kill Autocannon, my Convert Defeated Opponents Into Crafting Components Kit, my wiffle bat, and my espresso machine. :nonp:

Did finally get my Nemesis created, at least. I got no in-game information whatsoever; I had to ask one of the developers what to do. (Apparently there's an in-game mail you get, or something.) Reported the lack o' info as a bug.