Arrgggghhh!!!!!!

Twilight

In addition to the account problem, there was a graphic card problem which I seemed to have fixed by deleting then reloading my graphics drivers. Then the game crashed twice during character creation and froze once. I've been working on this for almost an hour and I've still not gotten out of character creation! :mad::thumbdown

Re: Arrgggghhh!!!!!!

It sounds very frustrating, and it sounds like you're a computer user with a clue, so let's start with your system and specs. I'm assuming you're not on a mac, but what's your OS? What's your processor (the game loves dual-core), what's your graphics card, how much RAM - blah blah blah.

Have you gone into options (you can access that at log in) and reduced all your graphics settings to the lowest possible?

And, failing all else, have you contacted Cryptic's own tech support for the game?

I realize you've said the computer is unlikely to get an upgrade, which is probably your best solution (RAM is a cheap upgrade, new graphics card less so), so let me ask you what you know you can safely play on it?

The issue is not that the computer is unlikely to get an upgrade, it's that the computer won't be upgraded soon enough for me to take advantage of the 30 day free trial. Unless I can talk the 'rents into changing their minds, the upgrade will take place next month which will of course deprive me of the free trial or at best only leave me a couple of days of said trial. Naturally I want the upgrade done quicker, so that I can have as much of the trial as I can get.

I'm not on a Mac, no. Currently I'm using Windows XP.

I have contacted tech support but their help for my problem wasn't actually....helpful. That is to say I still have the problem the tech support guy was trying to help me with. Two other tickets I've sent to tech support have not been replied to as of yet.

At the moment a full upgrade of my computer looks to be the way to go.