Area of Effect ADV Trail?

ArchLight

Question

I have a player with a newer version of the builder than mine. I have to admit I have not updated mine yet as its not know how much longer were playing champions. His has an option for the AOE advantage of Trail.

We have been going around about how to build his Ice powers and one he wants is an AOE Entangle centered on him. So that anyone who comes close is entangled or any hex he moves through he leaves this entangle.

He is buying it as Ice "Trail" Entangle: (Total: 69 Active) Entangle 2d6, 3 DEF, Area Of Effect Nonselective (Trail; +3/4), Continuous (+1)

Is this how it should be bought to do it. I worry about it being over powered and he can attack every target on the field with a decent amount of movement.

Secondary since he has not reduced the end does he pay end to attack every hex he crosses?

Should it be bought mobile?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Re: Area of Effect ADV Trail?

You can find the rules for Area Of Effect (Trail) in several books: the Advanced Player's Guide is the most recent, but it also appears in The Ultimate Speedster and The HERO System Character Creation Handbook.

As to whether it's overpowered -- that's not really a rules question I can answer. That depends on your campaign's parameters, how this player plays, and other factors. If you're worried about it, you can always allow it provisionally but be prepared to remove it from play if necessary. I'd suggest posting that part of your question on the Discussion board to get some feedback from other GMs and players. Good luck!