Demonsongs Version of Two Weapon Fighting

Demonsong

Demonsongs Version of Two Weapon Fighting

10pts Two Weapon Fighting

-Allows the user to make one single attack with each weapon as a 1/2 Action. That is one strike with each weapon, not one sweep with each weapon.

-Character rolls for each attack separately. Even if the first attack misses.

-No OCV Penalty on the second attack

-No OCV Penalty for using off hand

-Character is at 1/2 DCV while using this double attack.

-If for some reason the characters Normal Hand is disabled or restrained the character can still make attacks with the Off Hand with no penalty. But the power does not allow the character to use there off hand for any other skilled actions, one needs Ambidexterity for that.

So unlike rapid attack the character always get two attempts to strike his target. The down side is you can’t hit more then 2 opponents like a sweep.

Well what do you think?

It seems okay, but I wonder if both this and the original one shouldn't be offered? They do slightly different things, and I think neither/either would be preferable. It makes me think that maybe it could be broken down into 2-4 different subsets which you could purchase together or separately. Theoretically that's how it's built anyway, but I don't feel like tracing back the components which made it in the book - isn't that info somewhere in HERO's downloads or such?

Anyway, yeah, seems valid.

My 4th Ed. Two Weapon Fighting

These are the rules that our group used for two-weapon fighting in 4th edition. Not sure how they'd mesh with the current skill of Two-Weapon Fighting, but they seemed to work out fine for us.

To engage in Two-Weapon Style of Combat, the following rules apply:

•Attacking with two weapons is a full phase maneuver

•Each weapon must be held in only one hand (two one-handed weapons)

•A penalty of -2 OCV is applied to each attack for M length or larger weapons

•A penalty of -1 OCV is applied to each attack for S length weapons

•The above penalties do not include the penalties for unfamiliar weapon or off-hand weapon use. Those penalties apply separately.

•Endurance is paid for each attack separately with the character being able to apply full STR to each attack.

•Any two weapon ranged attacks (such as thrown knives or pistols for example) take a -2 OCV penalty no matter its length.

•A character that is ambidextrous or has the WF: Off-Hand skill may gain a +1 DCV when the second weapon is used for defense.

•A character receives no DCV bonus for the second weapon if it is used in an attack.

•Each attack is rolled separately and neither success affects the other.

•Only one maneuver may be performed during a two-weapon attack, though the character may choose which weapon to perform the maneuver with. All OCV bonuses or penalties only apply to that attack, all DCV penalties or bonuses apply until the character's next phase.

Note that there was no 1/2 DCV in there for performing the maneuver. Honestly, we never had enough characters doing it to justify penalizing them any more. Personally, I'd probably go with the Fantasy Hero variant and make it a flat -2 DCV now, allowing them to purchase Two-Weapon Fighting for the standard price which offsets the penalties to OCV, and a new skill such as Master Two-Weapon Fighting for +10 points which would offset the DCV penalties. Keep in mind that we only allow Sweep for Long Weapons and it's Heroic-Level games.

I'm sure there's problems there, but I figured I would throw it out there.

I like the regular Two-Weapon Fighting rules. Come to think of it, in this case I probably would allow the second attack (only) in the Sweep if the first missed, though.

I will still give an off-hand penalty if the primary weapon is not used in the attack; two-weapon fighting really is just that: you are using both weapon synchronously. I would say the off-hand penalty is probably offset with this style based on the fact that you are really making both attacks at once (two weapons), and that is quite a bit harder to dodge than one weapon coming at you.