Help building power

Guest Kolava

How would swallowing whole work? I'm trying to build it as a power, but then I got to thinking....couldn't anyone of the sufficient size attempt to swallow someone else? I'm sure if they did it often, it would be built like a power...but what about as a one time thing, how would you rule it?

Feedback for either possibility is welcomed. If this is covered in some book somewhere, please don't give me a reference to it...because current situations prevent me from having anything but the main rulebook (and I don't even have that at the moment)

I'm really sorry, Kolava. This topic is covered in a fair amount of detail in the HERO System Bestiary, but DoJ takes a dim view of people posting significant chunks of their copyrighted material on public discussion boards.

If I were to build this as a Power, it would probably be an Entangle which Does Not Prevent the Use of Accessible Foci (-1), Stopping at least the Sight Sense Group, No Range, with damage to the Entangle harming the creature who swallowed the character (probably a -1/2 Lim).

Sorry I can't be more help.

I've got characters going up against giant frogs in a crowded park. I gave the frogs a one-two attack, grab with tongue, swallow (entangle with uncontrolled NND vs LS does BODY). Not very dangerous vs the supers, but provides a time element, civilians have to be rescued before they suffocate.