core library?

drsid

On page 7 of volume 1, there is a reference to the Hero System Core Library. This specifically mentions the following supplemental books:

Basic Rulebook

Advanced Player Guide

Bestiary

Equipment Guide

Martial Arts

Vehicles

I have picked up the advanced player guide. Would it be a good idea for my players to get the Basic Rulebook?

Also, are the remainder of the books mentioned still pending publishing? I don't see any mention of 6th edition version of the bestiary, equipment guide, martial arts, or vehicles books on the online store.

Re: core library?

On page 7 of volume 1, there is a reference to the Hero System Core Library. This specifically mentions the following supplemental books:

Basic Rulebook

Advanced Player Guide

Bestiary

Equipment Guide

Martial Arts

Vehicles

I have picked up the advanced player guide. Would it be a good idea for my players to get the Basic Rulebook?

Also, are the remainder of the books mentioned still pending publishing? I don't see any mention of 6th edition version of the bestiary, equipment guide, martial arts, or vehicles books on the online store.

Yes,,. Your players would benefit from the Basic Rulebook, as it would give them the 'basic' game rules without needing to borrow your books.

As for the rest -- Hero System Martial Arts is due out in February if all goes well. The rest will come out in due time. I think, think mind you, that the Bestiary will come next.

Yes' date=',. Your players would benefit from the Basic Rulebook, as it would give them the 'basic' game rules without needing to borrow your books.[/quote']

This is very true. Quite handily, the Basic Rulebook also notes what is not in them, so your players know when to ask you for additional info.

As for the rest -- Hero System Martial Arts is due out in February if all goes well. The rest will come out in due time. I think' date=' [u']think[/u] mind you, that the Bestiary will come next.

As per the plan, Equipment Guide is supposed to come after that, and Vehicles next year.

Hero Games will announce the release schedule for this year on February 13, it is said, so you can soon have more detailed info on this, I hope. :)

Most of them are pending. 6E, the BR, and the APG are already out, of course. HSMA will be going off to the printers shortly and will hopefully be available in a month or so. The HSB is the next Core Library book that I'll write, and it should be out sometime this spring. The EG is slated for the last quarter of 2010, and HSV will make it into the 2011 schedule somewheres. :hex: