Daeke's out, Stormshade's in as Community Moderator

Guest Celt

For those of you who avoid the main game boards, linkage

Daeke has moved on to other things. We wish him the best of luck wherever that path takes him. - Stormshade

Speculation abounds with no definitive proof as to the particulars of why Daeke and Cryptic parted ways. This comes on the tails of the long weekend and early part of the week with the boards in flames over Vibora Bay as a paid expansion and the Kitchen Sink patch running things through the garbage disposal. In addition no information regarding the "Legendary" additions expected in 2010 have been provided yet, whether Kitchen Sink/Vibora Bay are it or there's more to come. Maybe it's related to his providing the info that the Vibora Bay expansion will be pay-to-play, maybe to the overall erratic communications we've received (or not received) regarding the game since pre-launch.

My feeling is he was fired, as he had posted the news regarding the Cryptic PVP event this Friday that same day. But to me this seems to be only one of the symptoms, not a cure. But we've a new CM in Stormshade, and Jack Emmert has stuck his nose back in on the boards again. I'm already in for life so I'll see what I see.

Re: Daeke's out, Stormshade's in as Community Moderator

From what Stormshade has posted he has definitely moved to CO as Community Moderator. He'll still have some presence on the STO boards, less over time, as he doesn't want to just flat leave them there either, but there's a new separate CM for STO.