Point Cost for Double Knockback on STR?

Howdy. I am ashamed to admit it, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the point costs were calculated in the 6th Edition book for Double Knockback -- Mega Punching (p. 334).

Mega Punching: Double KB (+1/2) on 60 STR (30 points)

Base 10 STR costs 0 points.

Going to 60 STR costs 50 points (for 60 Active Points)

How does applying the naked +1/2 to 60 STR get to 30 points of real cost? I have to be missing something obvious.

(And if I have a 20 STR character, how much would the Double KB cost?)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Point Cost for Double Knockback on STR?

Howdy. I am ashamed to admit it' date=' but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the point costs were calculated in the 6th Edition book for [u']Double Knockback -- Mega Punching (p. 334).[/u]

Mega Punching: Double KB (+1/2) on 60 STR (30 points)

Base 10 STR costs 0 points.

Going to 60 STR costs 50 points (for 60 Active Points)

How does applying the naked +1/2 to 60 STR get to 30 points of real cost? I have to be missing something obvious.

(And if I have a 20 STR character, how much would the Double KB cost?)

Thanks in advance.

the +1.2 is applied to the ACTIVE POINTS just like all other advantages.

if i add +1.2 0 end to a 12d6 ev (60 ap) i pay 30 pts for it. total cost 90

If i add +1/2 super punch to 60 ap of strength, it costs 30.

Gorillaboss, I think what may be throwing you off is that this is an example of a Naked Advantage. In other words, it isn't buying a 60 STR with the Double Knockback added to it. It's assuming you already have a 60 STR (paid for elsewhere), and you're buying only the ability to apply Double Knockback to it as a "Mega Punching" ability. So 60 Active Cost x 1.5 = 90 points, minus the 60, leaves a cost of 30 for just the Double Knockback.

Doing the same thing with a 20 STR character, the Double Knockback as a Naked Advantage would cost 10 points.

The simple answer: when you buy an Advantage on a Characteristic, you buy it for the entire Characteristic, including the base value (even though you don't have to pay for the base value). Double Knockback on 60 STR is on the entire 60 STR -- not just the 50 STR you pay for, but also the base 10 STR.

So a character with 20 STR and Double Knockback would pay 10 points for it (+1/2 Advantage on 20 points).