6e Shields.

Alibear

Question

Hi,

In older versions Shields had passive DCV or active OCV but not both at the same time. If that is still the case lockout would seem taylor made to simulate that.

Now, my question is in 6e do you lose the DCV bonus of the shield whn you utilise the OCV bonus?

Does you DCV drop by 2, 3 or whatever when you actively block or deflect an attack?

Thanks for your thoughts and time,

Al

1 answer to this question

Re: 6e Shields.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Shields provide a DCV bonus, subject to a STR Minimum restriction. The special rules for shields provide that if a character Blocks with a shield, he can instead apply the DCV bonus as an OCV bonus (since Block of course uses OCV not DCV to determine the defensive effect) (see 6E2 211, the equivalent page in 5ER or FH, etc., etc. -- AFAIK this rule's been around for decades). If a character chooses to use his shield's bonus for OCV for a Block, obviously he can't also use it for DCV until his next Phase... though of course the Block itself may provide a DCV modifier.

Does that answer your question? If not, please post a follow-up and I'll try again. ;)