6E Shields, final try

Chimera 12

Question

I guess, in retrospect, that it wasn't entirely clear that I was trying to ask an actual question in my last post. Let me rephrase it, then:

"If a character blocks with a shield and thereby gets to apply its DCV bonus to OCV for purposes of that block, should that character temporarily lose the shield's bonus to DCV as a result or should it continue to apply there as well? And if it's supposed to be the former, on what page in which 6E book would I find the rule that actually comes out and says so?"

(Because as I read things right now, it honestly looks as though shields and the Off-Hand Defense talent are for unknown reasons meant to simply get a possibly significant OCV-to-block boost completely free of charge. So either I'm suffering from a blind spot approximately the size of Pallas or there's a genuine bug here somewhere.)

1 answer to this question

Re: 6E Shields, final try

I've said this before, but apparently I'm not being clear so I'll try it again: there's a rule on 6E2 211 that says a shield's DCV bonus can be used as an OCV bonus when Blocking. Common sense alone tells us that if a bonus is being used for X, it cannot also be used for Y. If a character wants to use his shield to improve his Block OCV, that's how he's using the shield's defensive bonus so he clearly cannot also maintain the DCV bonus at the same time. You have a choice of two options, based on a specific System rule for shields; pick one.