Restarted up my fantasy campaign and its great

Guest steamteck

Guest steamteck

I've been running my fantasy campaign since the mid 80s. It was originally using the old Fantasy Trip system, I went to a homebrew then over to HERO when we had dimensional crossing adventures. many beloved characters etc are in the campaign. It had started bronze age and developed into steampunk.

I have gotten really tired of it but my players still preferred it to Supers or SF. I tried to revitalize my interest but no go. So I closed for a few months and I took suggestions and brainstormed what were the problems and how it could be improved.

So a little time travel action later and we're back to a more classic tech level but the unique aspects are retained while the stuff that was bothering me is rewritten out. It all fresh again yet the beloved elements remain. Everyone's having a ball rediscovering the familiar yet changed world. Everyone is so happy we had an extra session this week in group and the wife can't get enough one on one gaming. Hurrah !!!:thumbup:

Guest steamteck

Re: Restarted up my fantasy campaign and its great

THE WORLD OF NEREEN ---ARCANNA of the three universes ( Bios being the Supers and Quantum the Space Opera)Supers

The world of Nereen is a flat disk. Its present edges are beyond men’s ability to reach and ringed by impossibly high mountains. There is a 20-hour day. It has 8 moons which appear 1st one then one more each night until the full eight is reached then reverses until this reverses. The moons have a healing light which shines on all good or evil. The world is warmed towards the center and colder towards the edge.

HISTORY the land of Cinnabar was first civilized by refugees from Atlantis in the year zero. It grew in power of influence until it became the empire of Cinnabar in the 1400s. A golden age has lasted for 2 centuries under the immortal Empress Mellonia to the present 1600s.

TECHNOLOGY is mostly classic fantasy medieval. . Magic is fairly common and strong among the gentry and nobility many of which have long life spans due to all the immortal / mortal offspring around.

CULTURE – very Arthurian (as in king Arthur) with a dash of 3 musketeers France and pulpish British Empire.

Enemies of the empire. The Roneans a land of seagoing sorcerer kings is to the south. The Draconians, Arabic-style expansionists who dwell in east Nyumbani (sort of kind of Africa) and finally the combine an ancient secret society ruled by Malok Tah an ancient being rumored to be over 9000 years old.

Friends of the empire--- The lords of Khem (Egypt) as well as the state of Lopango in Nyumbani and the True world (new world) colonies who are still loyal. It has good relations with Chin and Marjapour (India)

THE SECRET WAR – For 1000s of years a secret war has waged behind the scenes between immortal humans (the sons and daughters of Malok Tah but not his subjects) and Vampires. The Vampires center of power is in Boldavia in Ronea and the majority of immortals are in Cinnabar.

PEOPLE EVERYBODY KNOWS.

The Falkyn family. Empress Mellonia and her family

The Rutherford clan-- Rulers of Phoenix and the northern island of Sunbird. Many heroes have risen from their ranks. The matriarch of the clan Duchess Penelope is even older than the Empress.

Fiona Lisselle –worshipped by some as the goddess of death. She is the empress hand when the killing is needed and subtlety is not an issue . She invented modern warfare and practices dark magic. It is said she is invincible in combat and destroyed the center continent to stop the demon invasion in the 1500s.

Karnilla Freyheim (PC)--- the marquessa is reputed to be the most beautiful woman alive and is perhaps the best friend of the Empress.

Aaron Silvermoon ( retired PC)—greatest knight of the realm. A hero to heroes.

Edmond Ironmaster ( retired PC)—greatest artificer and engineer (except maybe for Fiona) in the empire. When he lost his legs, he built himself a giant steel set of armor with functional ones

Kent St. John—famous adventurer, do-gooder and renowned expert on the orient and the occult.

Logan Starke (PC)---Famous adventurer, do-gooder and renowned expert on the occult in the service of the Rutherfords. Has an intense rivalry with the more famous Kent St. John.

The Blade clan—Heroic adventurers whose immortal head (Saxon (PC)) is close to the empress

Angela Zelazny (PC)—the empress paladin

Burwyn the Destroyer— A very old amoral giant immortal possibly the toughest and most macho man in the world—Angie’s father

Ramis The Valada – She who knows- High priestess of Qulistria goddess of nature—extremely wise ancient priestess and manipulator behind the scenes

The Aendyr clan – Air wizards and the major ruling Ronean clan

Guest steamteck

Re: Restarted up my fantasy campaign and its great

So They got an audience with Empress Mellonia last session. Mainly because my wife's PC is her niece ( daughter of her old PC who not quite married the empress brother). We had PLAYERS with teary eyes and my wife's PC impulsively hugged the empress forgeting all protocol and kind of hung on for a minute like she was afraid she'd disappear. Mellonia was very touched and it was a great moment.