Hiding Things?

eepjr24

I have a spacer character that sometimes deals in things he would rather not have found on his ship. I would like to make his concealment rolls more effective, and was looking for something a bit more inventive than just buying up his Concealment roll. I will do that if it seems to be the concensus, though.

What I want is for him to be able to take time (an hour or more) to be able to hide things on his ship VERY well. I would guess that on average, hiding a crate or so of cargo might be a 1-5 minute action. That gives him 2 moves down the chart if he takes an hour, or a +2. I would like another +3 or so, which I can get for 6 points if I buy the skill up.

I considered images, and I may buy a holograph projector to try this if I can. I also will look into some kind of scanner befuddler (Change Environment, -per vs scanners?) or the like. Anyone else have suggestions for things I could buy or do to help this out?

- Ernie

Hold

I will see if the GM will allow that. If he does, I am willing to spend the money, that is why I bought the perk. =) Don't want to be abusive about that, though, would rather pay points if I can find a way, money is only a few points for what can be alot of effect.

Anyone else?

- Ernie

Sure! Just buy a Knowlege/Professional Skill or two that reflects the character's knowing the inside of the ship like the back of his hand, being a good smuggler, etc. Your GM will probably let you use something like this as a Complimentary Skill. Bam! The character knows the nooks and crannies which are hard to reach, for which the bulkheads provide an unusual amount of shielding, etc.

This is the whole beauty of the Complimentary Skills rules. They offer a way to completely tailor-make your character for his/her specific theme.