Throg

AlHazred

Throg was the character I made for Darren's Galactic Champions thing. At the time he was made, we didn't have a brick. None of my character concepts had been for a brick. Then I thought, "What the heck, it's Silver Age-y, everything's better with monkeys." And what makes a better "monkey" brick than a gorilla?

In order to make him an "alien," I gave him four arms, green fur, and red eyes. I think my subconscious was combining Barsoom's Green Men and White Apes. Anyway, casting about for a personality, I thought about a sort of "noble anarchist" character type, and went from there.

He was a blast to play. Even when I failed utterly at what I was trying to do, I had fun. I remember at one point, we were trying to jury-rig the engine in our spaceship to cause it to blow up and take out another ship that was nearby; despite my complete lack of mechanical skills I volunteered for it. I managed to consistently fail all my attempts until I rolled my Enraged. At that point, I shot huge holes in the hull of the ship with Starblasts, blasted out the engine's supports, and hurled the engine at the other ship -- along with, presumably, the other kind of unmentionables a monkey hurls when it's upset.

Good times, good times.