Gadgeteer in Day After Ragnarok

OK. I am putting together a character who is working with the weird science equivalent in the campaign background. They use bits of the serpent to create their gadgets based on the new ophi-technology that has been developed.

What I want is a gadgeteer (and so probably VPP) but it is how to flavour that VPP that I am wrestling with.

I want to have a gadgeteer who has some serpent blood. The blood regenerates itself and the ophi-technician can use it to make his weird science gadgets work. For this he needs the blood and raw materials that the blood will make work together.

Now. I see the blood as a recoverable focus. If he loses the blood then he cannot create new gadgets until he gets it back. Any gadget he makes has to be fed with blood or else it will stop working but the ophi-technician only has so much to use.

I am at a loss on how to do this - obviously I have a focus that will generate so much of itself each day. The gadgeteer can recover the blood and make new gadgets out of old ones but if he loses possession of the gadget it will slowly stop working as the blood degrades and is not replaced...

Any ideas will be gratefully recieved.

Doc

Re: Gadgeteer in Day After Ragnarok

Give all the gagets Fuel Charges, lasting how ever long one "tank" of blood lasts? Having a regenerating supply of it could be represented by either making the Fuel "easy to obtain", or by making it "hard to obtain" and having a Perk "has a regenerating supply of serpent blood" (with the Focus limitation, if he can lose it). Probably the perk should be costed somewhere around the difference between the price with "easy to obtain" and "hard to obtain".