Jump to content

Doc Democracy

HERO Member
  • Content Count

    5,914
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Doc Democracy last won the day on November 10 2019

Doc Democracy had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About Doc Democracy

  • Rank
    Freedom Fighter
  • Birthday 11/15/1965

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    : London

Recent Profile Visitors

2,138 profile views
  1. My early memory of autofire was gaining +4 to hit once or hot multiple targets with increasing penalties to hit. Can't remember when that changed. Doc
  2. Let's look at a three shot autofire. With a 11 or less chance to hit. In the current system you have a 62.5% chance to hit once, 37.5% of hitting twice and 16.2% chance to hit three times. With yours, you have a 37.5% chance to hit with each of your shots. That means, if my dodgy high school probability works right you have a 43.5% chance to hit once with your three shots, a 27% chance to hit twice and a 5% chance to hit three times. I prefer the current system! 🙂 Doc
  3. The other thing to remember (when presenting to the players) is that all of the complexity is in the build (to work out the point cost). On a character sheet this could be as simple as 10D6 Energy Blast. For each phase delay add 1D6. Maximum of 14D6.
  4. Well, I am surprised I beat Cygnia to this one... They kill her and stick her body in a fridge and let the Hardy Boys investigate, in a Nancy Drew comic. Knowing but written by an all-male team likely not to be properly thought through...
  5. Ah Jack, you mistake need and want. 😄 I think with just the default sounds it will make little difference. If someone wants lots of sounds then the size will not matter to them... Personally, since I asked for it, I think I will have fun using it. I feel greedy, but if Sentry is looking for further advancement, I would love a way of sharing the rolls made, so being able to set up a small group, the five of us round the table using the app and when a roll is made, it shares the result to everyone in the group... I think an app like this removes some of the drudgery (though plenty of my players love rolling dice, many of them hate counting them up!). I think it should also provide the potential of engaging more senses in the game - sounds can be really evocative and superheroes, to me, are about flash and colour. That is what attracted me to comics when I was a kid and it is what keeps drawing me back to superheroes in my gaming. Doc
  6. I am a huge advocate of build sheets and play sheets. The vast majority of information on a character sheet is useful only during creation and in edge cases in play.
  7. Was thinking about this, and how fussy folk are. Would it be easier, in the round, to allow users to add their own sounds and label them rather than hard coding in a fire or electricity SFX?
  8. Are you asking if I see the Light?!?
  9. Well, I think that L. Marcus is almost there. 🙂 I would use a spiritual transform, damage over time, sticky. The original attack from the God emanates from his being into his apostles, his churches and his holy books. The transform only has effect if the person engages with the religion and worships at the churches and reads the books looking for insight. Over time the transform increases until the person has been transformed into a "worshipper". Death is a difficult thing if you are going to talk afterlives because death no longer means death (as in the end of the game!). Instead it means a changing point. At that, there is Gnome BODY's XDM. Now we actually have our worshippers defined, we can apply the XDM with more precision...
  10. I think the biggest problem with this is the first step of defining what heaven is. Very different for a lot of pagan religions, different even between different sects of Christianity or Islam. I think those differences could quite easily change the powers used. Valhalla. You fight all day, feast all night and start again in the morning as you prepare for Ragnarok. You could consider that an EDM to Valhalla but you are changed, you would not seek to escape valhalla or the daily death that you may suffer, so there is definitely a transform in your complications somewhere. You are also unable to go anywhere else, so there has to be a mechanism preventing escape but not banishment... So. What is your idea of heaven? 😄 Doc
  11. I think the game difference would be that, using clairsentience, if your body is destroyed, then you are dead (as a character). If your "body" is simply a suit that is a focus for becoming embodied, then leaving the suit behind does not leave you open to be killed while your consciousness is elsewhere. I am however, pretty much in agreement that there comes a time when you are counting angels on the head of a pin...
  12. oops, I have a password manager filling things in, I guess that makes it different for poor Ninja-Bear.... 😞 Doc
  13. No standard terms but I tend to throw about Rookie hero Established hero Legendary hero
  14. Is this not exactly the wrong way round? The robot form does not send out a ghost form, the ghost form can be seen and interact with the physical world if it inhabits a specially built suit. I would buy the invisibility, desolid, flight etc with the limitation Always on. He has a real problem being seen or heard or affecting the physical world. The points "saved" by the limitation are then limited by the application of a focus (OIF - breakable). when he wears the focus, the always on is not effective but if the focus is destroyed then he becomes the ghostlike being with no effect on the real world until he can locate a new focus. Doc
  15. N-B, I just went and changed my password. It did not ask me to give any confirmation via email or anything else. Go to account settings, then password It should have three fields. the first is current password which, if you are logged in, should already be filled in. The next is the new password and the second to confirm the new password. That simply works. No reference to email. i did it and the new password works perfectly while the old one does not allow me in any more. As for the email address, the rubric says "An email will be sent to the email address you specify below, outlining what you need to do.". I presume that means to the new email address that you enter - not the old one. I did not try this because it also says "You will have to re-activate your account after changing your email address" and I have no idea what that would entail and so being helpful only went so far for me... 😄 Doc
×
×
  • Create New...