FH and Warcraft Races?

chrisinpm

Has anyone taken a stab at using FH to emulate any of the racial abilities as FH packages?

I'd like to try a one-shot game with players using the Horde races - for those unfamiliar with the game these are the orcs, trolls, tauren, blood elves, and goblins.

I'd like standardized race packages as a basic framework with the players building whatever they want afterward rather than trying to pigeonhole them into both WoW races *and* classes (what's the point of a flexible system otherwise?)

For those not familiar with the races, here's a breakdown of their racial abilities: http://www.wowwiki.com/Racial_trait#Horde. As gamers y'all should be able to get a sense of what the abilities do even if you're not familiar with the mechanics of the MMO.

And here's some RP-related stuff for them: http://www.wowwiki.com/Horde

I do own the D20 WoW RPG books... while I thought the production values were good, imo they were mechanically dreadful and were just bolted onto the wrong platform to make it work. (Ironically I think a 4th Edition version would work *very* well since 4E made a lot of efforts to make itself more like WoW...)

I'm not concerned if the races aren't equal point-wise; I have a hunch the Undead will eat up a lot of points, for instance, with various LS powers. (Though even in WoW they "fudge" this for balance; the Undead can drown, for instance, though they have extended underwater breathing. For a FH game I'd just give them the full LS though.)

- chrisinpm

Re: FH and Warcraft Races?

Greetings!

Our resident tabulator and all-around chronicler is TheQuestionMan, who maintains a vast list of everything people've done with the system. Generally, whatever question you have, you're best service can be obtained by checking his list first. Sadly, he hasn't got anything on there yet.

Your second-best bet is the Search feature. Unlike many forums where searching is disabled, Simon's got it all nice and shiny up there. Some gold there.

Your third-best bet is to scan the archives of some of our more prolific members. Susano (Mike Surbrook), Killer Shrike (Ed Hastings), and John Desmarais are just a few of the many fine members who maintain websites devoted to the Hero System. Most people with such sites have a link in their signature; following the links in people's signatures and reading through the wonderful material there is just one way to kill a weekend.

And welcome to the Boards!

Re: FH and Warcraft Races?

Greetings!

Our resident tabulator and all-around chronicler is TheQuestionMan, who maintains a vast list of everything people've done with the system. Generally, whatever question you have, you're best service can be obtained by checking his list first. Sadly, he hasn't got anything on there yet.

Your second-best bet is the Search feature. Unlike many forums where searching is disabled, Simon's got it all nice and shiny up there. Some gold there.

Your third-best bet is to scan the archives of some of our more prolific members. Susano (Mike Surbrook), Killer Shrike (Ed Hastings), and John Desmarais are just a few of the many fine members who maintain websites devoted to the Hero System. Most people with such sites have a link in their signature; following the links in people's signatures and reading through the wonderful material there is just one way to kill a weekend.

And welcome to the Boards!

What he said