Variable slots - does anyone use them?

Jas

Re: Variable slots - does anyone use them?

Likewise I can imagine that I would use them if I built suitable characters. It allows the choice of putting more power into either offense or defense, for example: if you're getting creamed, it might be a good idea to put up a few more points of defense at the cost of some DCs of damage.

Re: Variable slots - does anyone use them?

I haven't compared costs, but with the slight changes to VPP's from 5er to 6e, I would almost always go with a VPP instead of a Multipower with flexible/variable slots.

Intuitively (off the top of my head) the only way I see their use possibly being cost effective would be to use them in combination with a relatively small number of total slots built with Variable Advantage and the Unified Power Limitation to build the ultimate 6e equivalent to the Elemental Control. This might give you near the same flexibility as a VPP but less raw power. Take out the Variable Advantage and you can match the raw power but lose a lot of flexibility.