Fourth and Fifth Annual Christmas Champions Episode

Tech

It's been awhile since I wrote these up for you, but here you are:

Two years ago, the Fourth Annual Christmas Champions Episode was had by our group. This was GM'd by my friend, our group's third GM. A Christmas elf visited the group's base, informing them that Santa Claus was being held hostage. Worse, all the toys for the boys and girls would be taken for themselves by the intruders. Outside, their transportation to Santa's workshop awaited them: Santa's sleigh itself with a few of the reindeer, Rudolph at the front. The other reindeer had been captured as well. Guided by the elf, they arrived at Santa's workshop and carefully checked out the place for traps but this is Santa's place: nothing dangerous was found. The elf showed them to the hall where the intruders were, our heroes expecting supervillains of some sort to be there. Arriving at the hall, the heroes were not met by supervillains. No, they were far stranger. The intruders consisted of:

Heat Miser and Snow Miser (both jealous of Santa's popularity)

The big-mouthed singers from Mister Magoo's Christmas (shudders)

miscellaneous other Christmas people (regrettably, I forgot who)

The battle ensued quickly but great pains were taken by the heroes to make sure that the workshop wouldn't get burned down my Heat Miser - who was actually doing quite a number on them. Snow Miser made the whole battle miserable for the heroes by creating a snowstorm - fighting enemies in a snowstorm is not fun (but it is for the GM.) Eventually, we defeated them and made them promise not to bother Santa ever again. Of course, Santa Clause was freed and still had enough time to make sure all presents were accounted for - and made ready for delivery.

One year ago, the Fifth Annual Christmas Champions Episode was had by our group and was GM'd by my brother. Our heroes were busy at this time of year doing what almost everyone else does - shopping for Christmas gifts. However, Thorn did not like all the Christmas cheer, goodwill, Christmas hymns and carols so he set in action a plan. The Christmas trees in the mall where the heroes were shopping went on a rampage and the heroes, surprisingly, did a good job stopping the trees without damaging some of them. They followed a clue to an outdoor skating rink decorated with a few Christmas trees. Ah, their mistake. The 3 nearest trees mutated threateningly (I had pictures and the trees were a blend of nicely decorated trees looking threatening. Okay, it's hard to be threatened by a Christmas tree :) The heroes beat the trees and watched as all around them, 100's of Christmas trees uprooted themselves and all left. They followed the trees to Thorn who displayed his disdain of humans and, using the abundantly available trees, merged them into a Christmas tree golem with himself as the core. The heroes knocked the trees away from him and eventually dismantled the golem and took Thorn out. Like a good Christmas story, few of the trees where actually damaged so they had quite a chore of returning the Christmas trees to grateful people and ended the episode with a Christmas carole.