Which books should I pick up?

lilzenbca

Hi all!

I'm definitely a noobie here at HERO. I have, however, been gaming since I was 12 although most of my time was spent with GURPS, I do have some exposure to HERO and Champions. My question is, hopefully, a simple one.

I'm starting a new game with an existing group and I've decided to take a leap and lead everyone into HERO. :-) It'll be a bit new for me and completely new for them. That being said, I am at a loss as to what books I'll need to make my game absolutely AWESOME. I'm running a game set in the Bioshock world of Rapture. If you don't know what that is, youtube it, there are a few great trailers to give a good feel.

What I'm thinking I will need is:

The Core books, of course.

Martial Arts - as one of the character concepts is a bad ass hand to hand fighter.

Kazei 5 - as hacking and AIs feature a fair amount in my game and one of the character concepts is the uber hacker.

Ultimate Mentalist - as psionics is bread and butter in Bioshock.

Equipment guide - to help with weapons and other eqipment.

So...looking to everyone with much more experience than myself, do I need any more? Do I really need to get what I've listed? Am I completely off my rocker in attempting this? :-)

Thank you all in advance.

Lilzen~

Re: Which books should I pick up?

Not off your rocker at all.

You could add in the Advanced Player's Guide to get some more options and optional rules.

Pick up Hero Designer without fail.

These are 5E Books, but will still have useful or easily translated aspects:

Dark Champions and Urban Fantasy can give some modern stuff that could help in a Bioshock game a little bit.

Star Hero will be out in August, that's always a good add in my book. Though maybe not totally useful to you here.