Ligtning Reflexes

RexMundi

Question

Due to having a group of players containing half White Wolf converts that require every rule to be officially broken down by the folks that wrote them, I've need of a question answered for Lighting Reflexes, and the cost chart that goes with it.

Effectivly, what is the point of the Chart? If Lighting Reflexes cost is only 1 for 1 on All Attacks, why is there a breakdown afterwards in the chart? Does that chart signify, a Graduated Scale (IE: You get up to 1 point of "Initiative" for All Attacks, then up to "X" amount for a Large Group, then Up to XY Amount for a Small Group, then up to XYZ for one attack and then it all stacks?) or is it a progressive sort of scale where, you can buy 1 per 1 for All attacks, but each successive tigtening of groups grants you more Effective Initiatve Dex per cost of 1 as you go down the Chart, and if that's the case why doesn't the Shuriken thrower example fit at all?

Either way a breakdown of how it works would solve some strife at the table. Running a game for White Wolf and D20 Converts so they have issues with any rules set up not broken down by an officially recognized source of omnisciencent origins.

Thanks much.

~Rex

1 answer to this question

Re: Ligtning Reflexes

I'm not sure I can explain the chart any better than it is in the book. If you want +1 DEX to act first with All Actions, that costs 1 Character Point. If you want to buy +1 DEX that applies to something less than All Actions, you get more extra DEX for each 1 Character Point you spend, with how much more depending on how restricted the class of things the extra DEX applies to is.