Absorption as a defense and variable advantatge

Epic Legand

Question

Hi Steve, I have a guy who has absorption(10 pt/phy)as a defense(+1X), usable on 2 char at once(+1/2X), and variable (+1/2). I belive this costs 30 points. My question is...if he first applys the gained points to strength and OCV(max 20), he can then apply the next points gained to any other char evan though he reached the max of 20. Also, as long as he has not reached the celling of 20 with the current char, he can continue to apple 10 points of defense to each phy attack he is hit by. Am I understanding the rules right? I also understand that if I apply the points to a defensive stat, that it will be at 1/2 effect, but is the max gained in that case 10 or 20?

Thank you for your time, Epic Legand

1 answer to this question

Re: Absorption as a defense and variable advantatge

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question because you've used a lot of unusual terminology and abbreviations that could mean more than one thing. So I'm going to describe what I think you're asking about. If I'm misunderstanding you, please post a follow-up.

The power in question is: Absorption 10 BODY (Physical), Defensive Absorption (+1), Usable Simultaneously (+1/2), Variable Effect (any one Characteristic at a time; +1/2). Total cost: 30 points.

Here's how this power works:

1. The character can Absorb up to 20 BODY worth of Physical attacks and assign the Absorbed points to any one Characteristic. Since the power has Variable Effect, per 6E1 143 he can then switch to another Characteristic and Absorb 20 points into it as well, and so on. Absorbing the full amount into one Characteristic doesn't prevent him from Absorbing into another Characteristic.

2. He can grant another character the ability to use this power at the same time he uses it. He cannot, however, Absorb from damage done to another character.

3. If he applies the Absorbed 10 BODY to a defensive Characteristic the effect is halved, so he's only adding 10 Character Points' worth of effect rather than the usual 20 points.