Absorption, expanded effect and Defense

Epic Legand

Question

Thanks for filtering through my poor discription Steve. You answered most of my questions, and the only one you did not was only due to my poor phrasing. The power I have is Absorption(Phy, 10 points), expanded effect(any 2 char at once), as a defense(resistant) and variable effect. The question is, if I am hit with many attacks in a row, will I max out my defense at 20 body(total), or, can I switch the char it applys to and gain a new pool to build up to 20....as well as continuing to gain the 10 points of defense vs Phy attacks evan though a base version of this power ( no advantages ) would have maxed out its defence after 20 body. Sorry if my discription was cloudy :)

1 answer to this question

Re: Absorption, expanded effect and Defense

If a character has Defensive Absorption that also has Expanded Effect so that it adds to two or more Characteristics or abilities at a time, this does not increase the amount of defense the character receives. For example, if a character buys Absorption 30 BODY (physical), Expanded Effect (CON and BODY simultaneously; +½), Defensive Absorption (+½), the most PD the character can receive is 30. He doesn’t gain up to 60 PD just because his Absorption applies to two Characteristics at once.