Absorption as a Defence vs. Hit Locations

ned-kogar

Question

Hello Steve.

Given that APG I p53 states that Adjustment Powers are not affected by Hit Locations, where does that leave Absorption As A Defence?

I guess it'd be odd if it conferred the No Hit Locations power for free, so I'm assuming that the rule refers to attacking Adjustment powers.

A player has just got round to converting an old electrical character, and we were wondering about her powering up via the grabbing of high tension lines - whether she'd effectively draw less electricity/damage through her hands (x1/2 Body hit location) than if she, say, rested her head against it (x2 Body hit location).

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ned

1 answer to this question

Re: Absorption as a Defence vs. Hit Locations

I'm not sure I understand the problem/question. The rules, as stated in the APG, are clear that the effects of Adjustment Powers aren't multiplied by Hit Location modifiers -- you don't get extra effect for hitting a target in the Head, or reduced effect for hitting him in the Arm, for example. That has nothing to do with defenses. If Absorption provides defense, it provides defense; it has no effect on the Hit Location rules.

If that doesn't answer your question, please post a follow-up and I'll try again. :)