Another Follow-Up!: Absorption as a Defence vs. Hit Locations

ned-kogar

Question

Righty-ho, so given your previous answer, that 'A character who’s hit with a 10 BODY attack can Absorb 10 BODY from that attack regardless of whether it hits him in the Head, the Arm, or any other location', then:

In a campaign using Hit Locations a character who has Absorption, 15 pts of energy body per segment, Usable As A Defence, gets hit in the head by a 10 Body laser, which happens?:

a. the character takes no damage, because the Absorption negates the use of Hit Locations, so the damage is not multiplied (effectively conferring an energy-only version of the No Hit Locations power).

b. the character takes 5 damage (10 Body, x2 due to Head Location, -15 pts of Absorption defence), but can only Absorb 10 of that Body.

Further apologies if I've got something screwy here.

Thanks for your patience!

Ned

1 answer to this question

Re: Another Follow-Up!: Absorption as a Defence vs. Hit Locations

I think you're totally misunderstanding my answer. I didn't say that Absorption causes you to ignore the Hit Location rules. I said the amount Absorbed isn't affected by the Hit Location multiplier. The Hit Location multiplier is still going to apply for purposes of determining how much damage the character takes.