Time for a Talk

BhelliomRahl

Question

On the Action List for time to Speak it says a soliloquy is a No Time Action and conversation varies.

My Query regarding this matter is related to issuing commands to followers/automation. If the conversation is verbal or visual depending the length I would take it to be either a Zero Phase or Halk Phase Action.

However if the conversation is mental (Telepathy or Mind Link) how long would it take.

The query is in regard to Steel Tenticles (HSEG 183). For commanding the tenticles which are built as Automation.

Also knowing for other instances would be useful; e.g. Person has 6 Automation under his control, time for giving group orders and individual orders both verbally and mentally?

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Re: Time for a Talk

Generally speaking (no pun intended! :) ), I think this is a common sense/dramatic sense matter that's best left up to the GM. I'd guess that most of the time, most GMs are going to consider "giving orders" (either verbally or mentally) to be roughly the same as a soliloquy and have it take no time. However, if a character wants to give lengthy or complex orders to someone in mid-combat, some GMs might want that to take a Half Phase Action, or even longer. I'd say that's even more likely if a character wants to give separate orders to each of a large number of Followers/Sumonees/etc.