Combat Skill Levels and DCV

m3nt0r

Question

Hello!

Can you please clarify this for me please:in 6E1 pg69 it is stated that CSLs can increase a character's DCV for the same type of attacks it would increase OCV,also on ultimate skill pg 199 we read that the specified attack type for which the CSL is defined must be used in this phase in order to use this CSL for increasing DCV.Suppose i have bought an 3pt CSL with "All Swords", does that mean that i can increase my DCV by +1 until my next phase:

a)when i attack with any Sword with any maneuver in that phase.

b)when i do not attack with a Sword in this phase but i am attacked with a Sword by an opponent(as in the example

on the top of the 6E1 pg69)?

The phrase that states that somehow he's using the knife how apply's in the example of 6E1 pg69? thank you in advance!

1 answer to this question

Re: Combat Skill Levels and DCV

First -- TUS 199 refers to the Gambling Skill, so I'm not entirely sure what text you're referring to. If after reading my answer you think it might affect things, please feel free to post a follow-up.

In the situation you describe, using the advanced rules in TUS a character could increase his DCV in (a) but not in (B). The rule on 6E1 69 follows this by pointing out that Randall Irons would have to be using his knife to use his Knife CSLs for DCV. But of course, as pointed out in TUS, the GM can certainly change these rules if he wants to.