Senses Relating to Vehicles, Computers and Automations

BhelliomRahl

Question

Good day.

I wanted to query how senses work relating to Vehicles, Computers and Automations.

Has Senses as Standard: Automations.

Computers have no sense, they need to be linked to a Automation or Vehicle and uses them.

My query related mainly to vehicles. It says that they don't have senses, but the person can percieve out.

i.e. A Combat Mecha (Enclosed Cockpit) would have moniters and audio sense to allow the character to percieve normally, these do not need to be purchased (Would purchase Radar and similar powers). However if the pilot was unconsious and the computer system took over operation how would it percieve as it has no senses of its own; If the vehicle has Infrared Perception its linked to sense group Sight giving it Sense, Range and Targeting, but vehicles don't have the sense groups, so I assume this relates to the pilot but the computer lacks this.

Are vehicles assumed to have the basic sense groups?

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Re: Senses Relating to Vehicles, Computers and Automations

From TUV, p. 23:

Vehicles themselves do not have Senses — when they buy Enhanced Senses or other Sensory Powers, those Senses aren’t actually used by the Vehicle itself, but by its Computer, operator, and/or passengers[], who make PER Rolls using Systems Operation. Thus, many sensory devices take the Affected As More Than One Sense Limitation[.] After all, a driver can’t listen to the radio if he’s been deafened, and a pilot can’t see a radar screen if he’s blinded.

Sentient Vehicles, or Vehicles in campaigns where the GM allows them to have INT, can have Senses and perceive. However, they do not come with any innate Senses; the designer must buy even standard Senses like Normal Sight and Normal Hearing for them