Further Queries regarding Senses for Vehciles

BhelliomRahl

Question

Good day.

Thank you I have read the section in Ultimate Vehicle regarding that.

If I take the meaning of the passage. If the pilot is rendered unconsious and the computer the sense groups that the vehicle sensors are linked to are removed, because the senses that the vehicle has are linked to sense groups that the pilot has but the computer does not.

So if I wanted the computer to be able to operate the vehicle I would have to buy the sense groups or purchase Targeting, Sense and Range for it perceptions to represent this.

i.e. I have a mecha with Infrared and Ultraviolet Perception linked to sight group. The Mecha has an adv. Computer (Int:28 Ego: N/A) which is able to operate the mecha by itself. The pilot makes a systems operation roll to use the IR and UV perception and these are treated as having Sense, Ranged and Targeting because the pilot does. However if the computer was using the IR and UV they would lack the Sense, Ranged and Targeting Enhanced Senses traits because computer lack these.

What is the best way to resolve this?

If I was intending for the vehicle to be able to operate independantly due to advanced computers could I build the vehicle as an automation to get the senses is it best just to buy the sense groups from the sidebar on 6E1 p.209?

1 answer to this question

Re: Further Queries regarding Senses for Vehciles

Per 6E2 183, Computers can be "hooked into" the Senses bought for something like a Base or a Vehicle. They don't have to buy the same Senses themselves all over. So in your example, if a mecha has bought some sensors defined as various Senses, and the mecha also has a Computer, the Computer can use those Senses automatically.