Combat Skill Levels - Relating to using for DCV.

BhelliomRahl

Question

Good day.

Wanted to confirm the use of CSL for DCV. CSL of 3pts or more can be assigned to increase DCV by +1 for the appropiate attack, HTH or Ranged.

The query is do you need to be armed with the relevant weapon. i.e. if you have a 3pts CSL with Longswords can you use it to increase DCV only if you have a longsword drawn or at anytime.

I think its only when its drawn, but wanted to confirm this?

Second Question: (Depending on answer to first)

What I was wondering if this could be applied if you did not have a subject of the CSL but your opponent did. I thought this would be the only way to apply ranged CSL to DCV because you have a understanding of how the weapon is used which allows you to predict it (would apply to HTH also).

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Re: Combat Skill Levels - Relating to using for DCV.

From TUS/HSS 121:

If a character has Combat Skill Levels that apply solely or primarily to a particular weapon (or class of weapons), typically he cannot apply those CSLs for any purpose unless he has the weapon drawn and ready for use. However, the GM should alter this rule if appropriate in light of game balance, special effects, common sense, and dramatic sense. Whether characters have their weapons drawn isn’t necessarily the proper deciding factor for every situation.