What is a Powers Base value in relation to calculating Standard Range of a Power

BhelliomRahl

Question

Good day.

The Glossary says the the base power cost is the cost of the power before Adders or Advantages are added. However when determining the base cost in relationship to standard range for something like Clairsentience it confuses me.

Standard Range is the Base Cost x 10m

Example:

Want to build a Clairsentience power for Sight & Hearing that has 4 Perception Points which are Mobile with a range of approx. 2.0km

Build:

Clairsentience (Sight; 20pts); Add Sense Group Hearing (10pts), Targeting (10pts), 4 Perception Points (10pts), Mobile Perception Points (24m/Phase; 10pts), Range (x4; 10pts).

= 70 Active Points

I would say the the base cost is 20pts therefore the range is 800m. However I think I have done this wrong, it does not read right in the book. How I read the power description I think the Base cost factor in the all the adders except the Range increase giving it a base cost of 60 and a overall range 2400m.

When do you add the adders?

Could you please explain this for this power and others.

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Re: What is a Powers Base value in relation to calculating Standard Range of a Power

What may be confusing you is that not everything that "adds to" a Power is in fact an Adder. Adders are those things specifically defined as Adders; in the case of Clairsentience this includes Mobile Perception Point and Multiple Perception Points. "Bits and pieces" of a Power, such as extra Sense Groups for Clairsentience or Sense-Affecting Powers, or combat effects for Change Environment, are not Adders -- they're simply the way those particular Powers are structured.