Bodyguards of Love

Re: Bodyguards of Love

Here's an odd idea. What if you remove the 'aways takes affect' multiplier, and add a 'skill roll', but instead of the traditional skills, you use the active defense of the power? So if Super Guy stands in the way of a gunshot, if he has 20 points of resistant PD (30pts of defenses), he would have a roll of 15-. If it was a 4d6 killing attack (60pt power), that's -6 to the check...so on a 9-, the brick can avoid the 1d6 KA damage...

...but would that mean if the roll is unsuccessful that Aphrodite's defense doesn't apply either to the attack? Hrm. Need to look at my books when I get home tonight...

Ah, it may be a little too clunky anyway, always trying to figure out the roll vs the modifiers on the fly.

Wouldn#t it be easier to just use the rules to simply move him in the line of fire and let him simply take the damage?

Re: Bodyguards of Love

Wouldn#t it be easier to just use the rules to simply move him in the line of fire and let him simply take the damage?

I considered it earlier, but:

1. It doesn't address AoE attacks, and

2. Even normal ranged and melee attacks will not always work (ie: it's not a definite effect, and a GM would be more arbitrary in when it works and when it doesn't).

This just makes it an 'always up' defense method - as long as someone is there to 'take the hit'.