"Batman" Movie Shooter As Champions Villain?

Guest dan2448

Guest dan2448

Yesterday, I saw on TV the footage that grad school dropout in court, the one who (allegedly) shot up that movie theater in Colorado during the midnight premiere of the new Batman movie. His orange hair, dead eyes, and bizarre blinking really struck me.

That made made me wonder to myself (and I decided to pose the question here, too), if I were a super hero who had been in that Colorado movie theater at the time (presumably in my 'secret identity') , would I've tried to kill that maniac as he sprayed the room with automatic fire? Or would I have tried to subdue him instead, perhaps risking more lives by not just swiftly 'taking him out'?

I should add that I always preferred lower powered super heroes myself, like Daredevil and Green Arrow, as opposed to the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman. So I was coming at the question from that perspective.

My initial thought is that I'd probably try to kill him. But seeing that wretched creature in court yesterday made me second guess that initial instinct. That skinny, confused guy, now captured, will never harm anyone again and poses, as far as I can ascertain, substantially no risk of escaping from whatever maximum security hole he's ultimately thrown in.

What would you do?

PS: I'd probably also be likely to "get in the face" of the two parents who took their 6 year old daughter to the midnight screening of a dark and violent PG-13 movie. That decision raises huge questions in my mind about their parenting decisions.

Re: "Batman" Movie Shooter As Champions Villain?

Shutting this down. There's wide consensus that this thread isn't appropriate right now. I know you meant no harm, dan2448. But this thread seems very unlikely to go anywhere productive, and very likely to continue rubbing people the wrong way.