Lingering on Contin Charge UBO Persistent

Killer Shrike

Question

Hi Steve,

Using HD v2 Beta, I tried making a Lingering HKA UBO on a Continuing Charge -- a "Make Sword" spell essentially, and applied Persistent as per the UBO caveat for applying Persistent so that the recipient of a UBO power can leave the providers sight (etc -- FRED pg 176).

However, in HD when I add Persistent, Lingering gets dropped with the message that "Lingering can only be placed on Instant Powers".

Keep in mind that the HKA Power is on a Continuing Charge RE your ruling last week on Lingering and Charges (http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8938)

Q: In this circumstance, is Persistant not compatible w/ Lingering, or is Lingering not compatible with UBO, or is this a valid construct and HD isnt handling it correctly by the rules?

Thanx!

1 answer to this question

The problem is that UOO uses Persistent when it really ought to have a specific "You Can Use The UOO Power Out Of The Sight Of The Gifter" Advantage. HD is functioning correctly, and it's not worth the trouble to reprogram it for the infinitesimally small number of times this is likely to come up; I suggest you work around it with a custom Advantage.