New Magic PDF From Steve: DESERT MAGIC

Steve Long

Now available in the Online Store: Desert Magic, a collection of 12 spells for characters who live in deserts, are crossing the desert, or want to use the features of the desert against their enemies. All yours for only $1!

And also still available:

Acid Magic

Lightning Magic

Ranger Magic

Pestilence Magic

Lava Magic

Expanded Warrior-Magery

Re: New Magic PDF From Steve: DESERT MAGIC

Desert Magic was in the store last night while I was purchasing the other Magic PDFs...was wondering what was up since I hadn't seen an announcement (even went to the forums to double check ;) ). Anyway...good stuff!

You have no idea how amazing this is' date=' since this is almost exactly what I had been looking for for my new campaign setting I'm tooling together. Now, if there only were an artificing PDF *hint hint*[/quote']

Glad you like it, Ozy! ;)

Explain what you mean by "artificing." I know what I'd mean by that term, but you may have a different definition. ;)

Glad you like it, Ozy! ;)

Explain what you mean by "artificing." I know what I'd mean by that term, but you may have a different definition. ;)

More or less, I mean Arcane Gadgets. Making stuff like Golemns, or Eberron's Warforged or Homunculi aren't really necessary, since that's as simple as summon, with the appropriate costs and limitations. But preferably, it would be small stuff, largely IAF, and OAF, that could be put in a low cost VPP, or bought on it's own. For example a key which could open any door, or create a gateway between any two doors with locks. I'm not the best at describing what I'm looking for, I guess. Thinking it over It could potentially even be part of an "Expanded Enchantment" PDF, since I could reasonably reflavor some of that into a more technological version.

More or less' date=' I mean Arcane Gadgets. Making stuff like Golemns, or Eberron's Warforged or Homunculi aren't really necessary, since that's as simple as summon, with the appropriate costs and limitations. But preferably, it would be small stuff, largely IAF, and OAF, that could be put in a low cost VPP, or bought on it's own. For example a key which could open any door, or create a gateway between any two doors with locks. I'm not the best at describing what I'm looking for, I guess. Thinking it over It could potentially even be part of an "Expanded Enchantment" PDF, since I could reasonably reflavor some of that into a more technological version.[/quote']

Just noting, in the last campaign, I gave the PCs a one-use "Key that could open any door". It was built as tunneling with very high DEF, that left a tunnel behind - for 5 minutes. "Open door" was just the special effect. They saved that key through many adventures before using it to crack a magical armoury. Those kinds of small magic items are a great idea because they let the GM give the players an opportunity to move forward when they need to, they don't (usually) have a huge unbalancing effect on the game - and players love them.

cheers, Mark