Rule Clarification from Thread Absorption as a Defense

BhelliomRahl

Question

Good day.

I wanted to clarify my understanding of the rules for Absorption as a Defense.

My character has bought Absorption 20 Body vs. Physical Attacks w/ advantage Defensive Absorption.

I believed this ment that I that always had an effective PD of 20 vs. Physical Attacks. However after reading the Thread "Absorption as a Defense" I believe I might of misunderstood this.

As I read your post it occurred to be that the PD benefit of Absorption was an additional gain from using absorption. i.e. If I have absorbed no points my PD is 0, however if I absorbed 10 body I would gain 10 Character Points and 10PD which would both fade at a rate of 5/turn.

Can you please clarify.

Also if for example Absorption as a Defense was bought at the resistant level with a Limitation Only vs. HTH weapons, would the rPD protect against Range attacks or does the Defense only apply vs the specific type of damage absorbed?

Thank you in advance.

1 answer to this question

Re: Rule Clarification from Thread Absorption as a Defense

You’re absolutely correct and I was absolutely wrong. I overlooked part of my own text. ;) The defense provided by Defensive Absorption doesn’t depend on the roll. I’ll go correct the initial answer.

If you limit your defense to only apply against HTH Weapons, then it only applies against HTH Weapons. A Ranged attack isn’t a HTH Weapon so it wouldn’t apply against such an attack (even if that attack involved a HTH Weapon being thrown).