Absorption and limitations

Epic Legand

Question

Hi Steve, I am writing up a hero with Power Armor (OIF ) and Absorption add to strength. My hero already has base Strength of 10 and +30 (OIF, armor). He also has absorption 10 points(Phy) adds to strength. My question is, when he adds to strength, is he adding REAL points, or active points ? So, if he absorbs 10 points, does he now have 50, or 55 strength ? Is this changed if he bought absorption with a limit ? Is the new strength automatically limited with (OIF) ?

It seams to me, he should lose the extra strength, if he loses the armor. But then should he not also gain the advantage of the armor as well ?

1 answer to this question

Re: Absorption and limitations

When a character Adjusts a power with an Advantage, he has to take that Advantage into account, as described on 6E1 137. He does, not, however, gain any benefit or extra points from any Limitations on that power, though they continue to apply to it as usual. In your example, 10 STR would be added, raising his STR to 50. If there was a +1/2 Advantage on his STR, then he could only add 7 points, for 47 STR. If his STR is bought through a Focus, that Limitation still applies to the 50 (or 47) STR even though it doesn't affect the rate at which Absorption adds points.