Smart Missils and summon

Epic Legand

Question

Hi Steve, This question is a rules abuse question.

I am building a Transformer charecter, and I want him to fire 4 missiles at a time. trying to get them to be "Smart" I tried building them with summon (4 missils, 10/50 points)( slavish loyal,+1X ) and Rapid ( 4 at once/ +1/2X)...costing a total of 50 points.

If I understand the rules properly, I now have 4 50 point guys who will die at my command. They would get a half move to start the first round, would have there own OCV/DCV, movement , ect.

I think it will be fun in game play....Imagine them compeating for who get to explode first, foolishly making plans for " after" the big fight, asking for the day off. My real question is simple....Is this a rules abuse ? I get 4 missils, I take one action, and for several rounds they try and hit. My disadvantage is clear...They have to be able to fly fast, do damage, pay for OCV and basicly have all the problems of a HTH combatant, the gimmick will probably take 2 roumds to pull off mimium.

Is this a fair use of the rules, or a munchkin abuse ?

P.S. Just imagin the PC's reaction....they are crawling over him, trying to get to the GOOD stuff before blowing up :)

1 answer to this question

Re: Smart Missils and summon

Whether it's rules abuse really isn't a question I can answer -- that's up to your GM. Different GMs react to a given power in different ways. Assuming the missiles aren't doing ridiculous amounts of damage, personally I'd allow something like this -- it sounds like it has a lot of potential for humor and roleplaying. ;) But some GMs are stricter than others.

If you haven't already, try posting this on the Discussion board. See what a wide spectrum of GMs and players think. ;)