Because I was bored...

Pteryx

Multiform (assume 150-point fighter form, 150-point monk form, 150-point thief form, 150-point chemist form, 150-point white mage form, 150-point black mage form, 150-point red mage form, or 150-point spacetime mage form; true form is 100-point classless form) (45 Active Points); Concentration (0 DCV and unaware of nearby events, -3/4), Extra Time (1 Turn, -1 1/4) (15 real points)

Questions? Comments? Other submissions? -- Pteryx

Making a doppleganger?

Although some spells that let a mage become a fighter spring to mind as a similar effect.

It could also be a schizophrenic character (or MPD - whatever its called nowadays - personality capable people maybe), or else you want a party of adventurers rolled into one character (sounds like one of my players).

:D

Actually, the aim here was to reproduce the class-changing ability seen in some of the Final Fantasy games. ;) It came to mind since one RP crowd at the FLGS gets bored with their "characters" (closer to powers of the week, really) very quickly... -- Pteryx

(On a side note, schizophrenia and MPD/DID are very different from one another. Schizos hallucinate severely, multiples are, well, multiple. They've been known to coincide, though.)

Originally posted by Pteryx

Actually, the aim here was to reproduce the class-changing ability seen in some of the Final Fantasy games. ;) It came to mind since one RP crowd at the FLGS gets bored with their "characters" (closer to powers of the week, really) very quickly... -- Pteryx

(On a side note, schizophrenia and MPD/DID are very different from one another. Schizos hallucinate severely, multiples are, well, multiple. They've been known to coincide, though.)

Given that, it does sound like the characters in the games, especially FFX2 (although I haven't played it). What's the concept (I toyed with something similar - using a VPP skill pool to reflect ancestral memory or computer link).

Thanks for the side note - didn't know there was a difference - last I knew, they'd just changed the name to protect the sensitive (like shell-shock became battle fatigue became PTSD).

i recognized it as soon as i saw white mage black mage a red mage. i started thinking final fantasy.

i was actually thinking of doing a rough conversion of final fantasy awhile ago no set magic system but all the spells written up. mainly cuz the magic system always changes every game. :D

one thing that i would have to do is ignore the multiple healing rules attached to that new power.

Originally posted by badger3k

Given that, it does sound like the characters in the games, especially FFX2 (although I haven't played it). What's the concept (I toyed with something similar - using a VPP skill pool to reflect ancestral memory or computer link).

The reasoning behind and limitations on class changing (aside from not being able to do it in mid-fight) vary from game to game, but the reasoning tends to involve the elemental crystals if they exist and usually you don't get all the classes at once (they have to be earned or sought out or granted). I left this version deliberately vague.

Originally posted by badger3k

Thanks for the side note - didn't know there was a difference - last I knew, they'd just changed the name to protect the sensitive (like shell-shock became battle fatigue became PTSD).

If you like being corrected, than I'm sure we'll get along. :D -- Pteryx