Damage rules rather confusing...please explain

Theros

Question

I did read damage rules several times from Champions Complete book. I think that those are rather hard to understand complicated. I understand that every attack does stun damage and dices that roll 2-5 inflict one point body damage and 6s inflict two points body damage. Then...right? When body goes to zero, then that character or opponent starts vleed to death (he loses body every phase or?).

Then...killing damage. How that is inflicted, how it is calculated? Of course killing damage (RKA?) goes through PD and ED. Only resistance will help to prevent damage.

Then question from DCs (damage classes)...that is rather confusing too. Why those are needed?

1 answer to this question

I didn't write CC, but knowing who did I suspect it states the damage rules pretty succinctly and accurately. I'm sorry, but I can't take the time to repeat whole sections of the rulebooks here.

Once a character reaches 0 BODY, he starts losing 1 BODY at the end of every Segment 12 (i.e., once per Turn), not every Phase. HERO System games can be lethal sometimes, but not that lethal. ;)

Damage Classes are important for various rules pertaining to comparing and adding damage. They're of less use in the Basic Rules found in CC, but even then are an important element of the HERO System to be aware of.