Grabbing Question

Zan the Gamer

Extra Limbs is good.

The tail could have a STR boost for the Grab (+25 STR, only for tail, no Figured Characteristics)

Perhaps an 1" of Stretching, if it is a long tail.

Additionally, if you want a different feel for the Grab, you can build an Entangle that doesn't take damage (the tail is strong and agile), and immobilizes the tail. (Picture your grabbed target wrapped from head to toe)

A suit that has crablike laws and provides an extra limb also provides good rationale for providing Combat Skill Levels as a Power. Since it's generally proper to apply Limitations only to 5-point or larger CSVs, a few levels in HTH sounds good - that should improve the character's chance to hit with Grab, as well as simply smack people around with the tail and such.

Seems to me this could be clarified (but please shoot me if I'm wrong here):

Having those extra limbs does *not* mean the character is automatically entitled to make 3 attacks against 3 separate foes in one phase, any more than anyone else can. You would mechanically make the attack like a sweep just as anyone else would, which has penalties for multiple targets. The character might however, want to buy some extra skill levels to offset the penalties.