a simi new take on movement

ayinde

I am just brainstorming a new way to deal with movement and wanted input. it is basically segmented move but to add a little drama I want to use a d6 instead of a fixed amount I see move costs as:

run 10 per 1d6 no turn mode (plus free 1d6 everyman run)

flight 10 per 1d6 turn mode

teleport no change in cost

(this means if for example if a teleporter 10meter and a super runner 2d6meters both move to get to an item assuming all stats are identical only difference is that power in general the teleporter gets there first but not always the case . I will do a better rule write up when I get home

forgot a few notes in this system you no longer use speed to effect your move. instead if you need to find velocity just take the amount rolled and times it by 12

if you wish to accelerate on next phase just reroll move dice score higher go faster score below no speed increase. roll a 1 speed decreased

leap is at its base free and equal to one segment of run move auto slow down next phase 1 point skill check to not fall down

a related skill athletics (running, swimming, jumping ect.) can be used to increase move by amount of roll success for one segment I put this rule in for modeling sports characters it can represent sprinter exploding out of blocks or that kick at the end of the race and so on

YMMV of course but this would seem to really hose many archetypes. Teleport becomes the default move for just about everyone as you can rely on it to work properly. Note that with your current pricing scale it is also WAY cheaper, 10 pts of teleport is 10m, 10 pts of flight is 1d6 so normally 3.5 and max is still only 6. If you change the cost to 5 pts per d6 you now still have Flight/Run costing 10 pts for average of 7m vs teleport getting 10m at the same price. And flight/run will only "beat" teleport 8% of the time so definitely not a good price.

Melee pretty much HAVE to go teleport as being able to move to engage is critical to them being effective in combat, having a roll determine if they can even get INTO range hurts them, while the ranged archetype is far less worried about the difference in ranges (yes, it will add penalties to their shots but above a -2 the difference in range penalties quickly becomes far more than the likely difference in two rolls of the dice. For equally mobile characters you would have to "loose" your dice roll by more than 8 to even get an additional -2 in most cases which will RARELY happen).

Teleport on the other hand becomes deadly with any range inaccuracies (which I believe may be why you left it set in price). If you keep that then you need to make the Average roll for the d6 move crowd BETTER than the price per point for teleport. Teleport will be attractive for its intrinsic properties (move through objects and the like) and for its reliable movement. The d6 types will be attractive for better average moves with the possibility of greatly exceeding them at times.

The other issue with this concept is that it rarely offers a benefit. Many times a player will want to move "less" than the average dice roll, in which case high rolls wont help. Low rolls will become the bane of this system, with high rolls only occasionally being of benefit. Expect to see veteran players highly dislike this system as it doesn't offer them any benefit over the standard system and instead tends to punish them.

first thank you for responding. psyber

you make some good points that I need to think about and clarify guess ill start with price with some thought I think you are correct on price flight/running 5 pts per 1d6 is more in line

next you pointed out the melee concerns if you use the per segment rules as is (not mine but from the book) a average man can only move 2 meters per seg. and a man at maxima can move 4 per seg. compare to move 1d6 avg 3 I think that is a fair compromise. I figured all attack actions are just held actions seg 1 player I go after the thug in the corner going to stab him with my short sword

gm ok he is 4 meters from you player rolls his combat move 1d6 /2 he roles a 3 so is moving 2 meters per seg he will arrive and engage thug in segment 2. in my view this is what is going on in the game in a per phase combat only difference is in seg by seg the ticks of the clock have weight (yes this means the speed chart is reversed everyone can act seg 1 and there next action comes based on there speed) I don't see this as a major change

teleport should be deadly in application I mean you cant move by/through with it after its use you are just standing there your movement has just stopped its major advantage is how fast the action takes place

I am not sure about your last point to be honest but as a compromise I guess I would allow I guess allowing a player to move up to his total number of move dice with out need to roll so average guy 1d6m can move 1 meter with out need to roll and fast guy 10d6m could move 10 with no need to role. as for high rolls having no benefit what about velocity factors these effect moving attacks add to dcv ect (in a super setting a very fast character can with a power skill role even defy gravity admittedly he would need to be very fast he would need to achieve a velocity factor over 9 or over 60 meters a segment)

In my mind if I can work the kinks out this system will offer a fun option for hero player to use but the only way to improve it is to pick it apart and rebuild till it feels right so thank you once again for your notes and I hope more notes will come

For Melee: The issue is with the "Melee vs Ranged" pairing. Normally a fast melee player can depend on getting to a slower ranged player, but with the randomness of movement you are introducing that isn't always the case and you will have situations where a poor roll by the melee player will enable the ranged player to shoot him more often. Granted the melee player MIGHT roll higher but when you consider the "over roll" situation it frequently becomes the case that low rolls will hurt, but high rolls wont help, so this benefits the ranged player. Probably only slightly unless SPD's are high tho (upon further consideration) Similar situation to the math with KA vs Normal damage vs defenses.

I believe my issue with teleport was that I wasn't aware that you were not using the "Segmented Movement" rules with it. Granted Segmented movement doesn't really work with teleport but you are also divorcing other movement types from SPD altogether, but not divorcing Teleport. That means that teleport pricing is nearly impossible to balance which is why i thought the pricing was so off. As it stands the 10 pts per d6 is probably closer for low SPD games but way to high for high SPD games. If everyone has slow SPD (say 2) then 10 points of teleport allows you to move 20m per turn. At your original pricing of 1d6 per 10 points thats 12d6 (average 36 points) of movement for 10 points. However at SPD 4 the teleporter is moving 40m, but the flier is still moving 36m, and at spd 8 the teleporter moves 80m a turn, while the flier is STILL only moving 36m, even if he also has SPD 8. So I guess you should base your pricing of teleport vs other movement powers on what you expect your Average SPD to be. I do understand the benefit of the "move it all now" vs the segment by segment approach, but segmented movement basically eliminates the concept of half moves (or at least it never explains how they would work) and you never mentioned how half moves would work in your system (if at all).

Allowing someone to move the "LOWEST" amount they can roll without rolling is entirely pointless. It doesn't affect anything at all. That was a weak point anyway as I was just stating that it wasn't likely to be a popular system.

As far as velocity goes that brings up another concern. How will you handle deceleration? If movement is random then is deceleration random as well? that could cause some MAJOR problems.

You never mentioned you were also using velocity based DCV in your post, normally velocity has no effect on DCV. If you are using Velocity based DCV then the dice really dont matter all that much (although the odds will favor bad results over good). At low dice the variance isnt enough to move you up the chart much. At high dice variances become more and more statistically rare, although the statistical odds will still favor lower DCV's than higher ones (due to the exponential growth between DCV levels).

And the primary role of movement is "To get from point A to point B". I never said high rolls will NEVER be useful. I said that high rolls wont always help, while low rolls will always hurt. In this primary roll of "Getting from A to B" the purpose of Velocity is "How long will it take me". Thanks to some rather complicated math that I wont go into right now the statistically average "Length of time to get from A to B" suffers with a variable velocity due to the diminishing returns nature of division and the peak nature of the question (1.1 segments rounds to 2 segments as there are no fractional segments so anything over a 1 has to become a 2) when compared to a constant velocity. Plain English: Rolling Dice to get from here to there is more often bad than it is good.

For example. I want to move 7m. I have 2d6 movement. On average i will need 1 segment to complete this move. Rolling higher than 7 offers me no benefit, however I could roll as low as a 2 and take 4 segments to complete this move. Now say I want to move 10m. Rolling 7 will take me 2 Segments to complete it. There is a small chance that I can complete it in 1 Segment, but a larger chance that it will take me more than 2 segments (4 takes me 3 segments, 3 takes me 4 segments, 2 takes me 5). The odds of me completing it in 1 segment are the same as the odds of it taking longer (rolling a 10 or better is just as likely as rolling a 4 or worse) but I have a chance to do MUCH worse, while I cannot ever do better than 1 segment.

psyber all your points are really helpful so thanks

guess let start with your melee points your right having a ranged weapon has an advantage inherent to it range I believe the old saying about taking a knife to a gun fight comes to mind.. so opening phase the knife guy has to get to gun guy to attack so yes the attack part of his action would have to be delayed dill he closed in to attack and gun guy will have to down his opponent before he closes to melee range he still would only have one action the one he used to fire at knife guy conversely knife guy still has his attack action. how many movies tv shows and comics have a scene of this sort in my mind this seems a correct combat model. but I will give your points more thought.

for the most part I use 4 as average max speed for my games so yes if teleporter decided to only use that power at full move yes he could move 40 meters and you are correct flyer could travel between 12 and 72 meters average 36 further you are correct that a teleporter with more actions can do it more often and that this has no barring on the move of the flyer as you pointed out number of actions no longer factor into basic movement. to balance this out I am toying with removing the free noncombat move from teleport but that is still just an idea nothing more. by the way I used a flyer in the example as running 1d6 comes free to all player characters so really anyone can travel between 12 and 72 for no cost.

- you asked about how a half move would function in this system I don't see any reason to change how they work in the rule (half d3 full d6 number rolled or less players choice) do you see a need to rework them to work in this system?

changing move rate can only be done on your phase increasing move would require you to reroll your move dice if you beat your old number you get the new number if not move stays the same decrees on the other hand you can just volunteer to do. the only special case I can think of would be in the case of abrupt unplanned scene changes like say a car crash happening in your path or a sink whole or some such for something like that I would be ok with using abort to dive for cover.

in my view dcv isn't a conscience defense I only use it vs ranged attacks and even then only when gm feels its correct for use

now your point a to b point is good real good but I don't think it was fully thought out for one thing even if you only have 2 actions if all you are doing is run { lets say its in combat to do away with the doubling rules} an you roll a 2 just roll to improve rate on your next phase. at speed 2 lets look at how this turn plays out;

seg one roll an get 2 seg two move 2 for total of 4 seg three move 2 for total of 6 seg 4 arrive at location we haven't even got to your next action now move per book move 2

segments one to five stand there seg 6 your there lets try a higher speed say 4 ill go ahead and convert move back to book normal hero has double normal move so 24meter

segment one stand there segment two stand there segment three you get there so beat my system at its lowest possible by one segment if even one die rolled more than a 1 they get there the same time haven forbid 4 was rolled that would mean he got there in two segments if the scenario called for the character to make it to the off switch before time runs out no matter the system if the character has no action he cant act all the system I am toying with offers is a bit of drama

I do see your down sides but im not sure if there as bad as you make them but they are still strong points please keep them coming

psyber all your points are really helpful so thanks

guess let start with your melee points your right having a ranged weapon has an advantage inherent to it range I believe the old saying about taking a knife to a gun fight comes to mind.. so opening phase the knife guy has to get to gun guy to attack so yes the attack part of his action would have to be delayed dill he closed in to attack and gun guy will have to down his opponent before he closes to melee range he still would only have one action the one he used to fire at knife guy conversely knife guy still has his attack action. how many movies tv shows and comics have a scene of this sort in my mind this seems a correct combat model. but I will give your points more thought.

for the most part I use 4 as average max speed for my games so yes if teleporter decided to only use that power at full move yes he could move 40 meters and you are correct flyer could travel between 12 and 72 meters average 36 further you are correct that a teleporter with more actions can do it more often and that this has no barring on the move of the flyer as you pointed out number of actions no longer factor into basic movement. to balance this out I am toying with removing the free noncombat move from teleport but that is still just an idea nothing more. by the way I used a flyer in the example as running 1d6 comes free to all player characters so really anyone can travel between 12 and 72 for no cost.

- you asked about how a half move would function in this system I don't see any reason to change how they work in the rule (half d3 full d6 number rolled or less players choice) do you see a need to rework them to work in this system?

changing move rate can only be done on your phase increasing move would require you to reroll your move dice if you beat your old number you get the new number if not move stays the same decrees on the other hand you can just volunteer to do. the only special case I can think of would be in the case of abrupt unplanned scene changes like say a car crash happening in your path or a sink whole or some such for something like that I would be ok with using abort to dive for cover.

in my view dcv isn't a conscience defense I only use it vs ranged attacks and even then only when gm feels its correct for use

now your point a to b point is good real good but I don't think it was fully thought out for one thing even if you only have 2 actions if all you are doing is run { lets say its in combat to do away with the doubling rules} an you roll a 2 just roll to improve rate on your next phase. at speed 2 lets look at how this turn plays out;

seg one roll an get 2 seg two move 2 for total of 4 seg three move 2 for total of 6 seg 4 arrive at location we haven't even got to your next action now move per book move 2

segments one to five stand there seg 6 your there lets try a higher speed say 4 ill go ahead and convert move back to book normal hero has double normal move so 24meter

segment one stand there segment two stand there segment three you get there so beat my system at its lowest possible by one segment if even one die rolled more than a 1 they get there the same time haven forbid 4 was rolled that would mean he got there in two segments if the scenario called for the character to make it to the off switch before time runs out no matter the system if the character has no action he cant act all the system I am toying with offers is a bit of drama

I do see your down sides but im not sure if there as bad as you make them but they are still strong points please keep them coming

What do you use instead of DCV? Is this new movement mechanic getting tacked on to an already houseruled combat mechanic?

By the very definition in the book DCV is a conscious defense. That's why it is halved when you are out of combat and not intentionally bobbing/weaving/ducking and generally trying to not get hit.

Big boy I was answering psyber question about the use of dcv derived from volicity and as that is an optional rule in the book I leave it to the rule of the gm I first gave it as an example of move uses already found in the book. You question was valid as I was not clear in my answer

The problem with half moves in segmented movement is that in NORMAL movement I use half moves so that I can reach my target then attack with the second half of my phase. I did forget that you stated you would just figure everyone would have "held" actions for all of their actions and that would probably take care of it (if i am doing a half move I just hold my other half action till my move gets me where i needed to be).

If your average SPD is 4 in your campaign then you get a phase every 3 segments. If you take the 10m example I was using you can see the problem better. SPD 4 has phases on 3, 6, 9, 12. With Normal (non rolled) movement I always reliably know how far I can move. Even in segemented movement. So if someone is 10m away and I have 10m of running I know that on phase 3 I can run 10m and then be able to attack them on phase 6. With the dice based system I should average 3.5m per segement per die. So 3 segments should give me enough to get 10m (barely). If i roll high it doesnt help me. A 5, for instance, will put me there on segment 4 but I still cant do anything till segment 6 so it didn't help me, but if I roll low (1-3 in this instance) I won't make it the 10m before segment 6, so now I can't attack on segment 6 either and have to take another action to make the 10m. If i roll a 1 I will only move 3m by segment 6 and will still have 7m to go, and could wind up missing ANOTHER phase if I rolled a 1 or a 2 for movement on segment 6. So I could loose 2 phases due to rolling low, but in this situation rolling high never helps me. That is the type of scenario I am worrying about. Yes that is just a 1d6 example, but with higher speeds higher distances can be involved (in fact I picked 10m as with spd 4 that is what the AVERAGE roll should let me move in 3 segments)

The reason i was saying it hoses melee is because of this as well. If I am ranged and you are melee in that scenario, with non-rolled movement I know if you move 10m on phase 3 I know you will be able to hit me on phase 6. With dice based movement, in that same scenario you will likely be able to hit me on phase 6, but you might not be able to hit me till phase 9, and if you roll REALLY badly it will be phase 12 before you can hit me. Of course, since I am ranged I can hit you EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE PHASES. This new dice based movement system seems to favor me! (The ranged Player). The only downside is that if I am trying to run away I might roll low, but I get the full upside to that as I might roll high as well. I get benefit to equal and balance the downside, but the melee guy gets no benefit from the high roll (in this scenario) and a serious problem if he rolls low.

Edit: Instead of just attacking your system, how about I offer a solution. Borrow a page from the rulebook and apply the Standard Effect Rule as an option for your dice based movement system. Maybe make it an adder if you really want to. Basically you have the OPTION of either rolling the dice or moving 3m per die of movement you have. 3m is less than the average roll so there would still be plenty of incentive to roll for movement, but if you only wanted to move a smaller amount you can guarantee that without worrying about rolling a 1 or a 2 and getting bogged down crawling. This becomes an even better option with large numbers of dice as the more dice you have the more likely you are to be able to "make it" where you want to go with just 3m per die rather than taking a risk. You can always roll if you want that extra boost, but you risk not making it. Just a thought.

as always useful points I am going to address your post in reverse

first I do not see you as attacking me at all if anything your constructive criticisms of me chance to find where I have made mistakes in what I am trying to create so you have been a lot of help

taking a standard effect is a fine compromise for common use. so on a half move that's 2meters per die (avg of d3) and full move would be 3 meters per die (avg of d6) this is totally reasonable

I don't think you have the melee vs ranged right lets say they both have speed 4 that's the example I think you are basing your thought on so yes you have an action every 3rd segment yes?

so in segment 1 both decide to attack one another the shooter is standing 5 meters away so the melee fighter wants to attack him he isn't going to use a move by/through so wont use his full move a half move is enough to reach him in 3 segments and still be able to attack (seg one 2/5 seg two 4/5 seg three reach target and attack meanwhile shooter sees his opponent moving to engage him so choose to just shoot him. and be done with it (seg one takes aim and fires his gun hope he hits his next action will be in seg four when the melee guy will be on top of him. and will also be on his second action ) so yes in your example the shooter goes first but really isn't that why he chose a ranged weapon?

I think the example I just gave address your second paragraph so ill only note that I invert the speed chart everyone acts on seg one and goes from there

the first paragraph tells me you have the gist of the application I am proposing. I based most of what im doing hear on the segment move rules and for the most part the only change is I am fully divorced from the speed chart for figuring out how fast you go in a turn

play test it and see how you feel

I see what you mean by your example but first of all you used a very small distance (5m) in your example. And if you are using the default 3 that I suggested you are right, that solves the problem (kinda why I suggested it :P)

If you DONT use the default but instead try to roll watch what happens. Half move, d3. You can roll the 2 you used (you will cover 5 meters in 3 seg), a 3 (you will get there sooner, but it doesn't really matter) or a 1. Note that with a single d3 they are all equally likely occurrences. However on a roll of a 1 after 3 segments you will fail to reach melee range by your next phase so your held attack action is wasted (your not close enough to attack). The ranged guy, however, never has to worry about any "wasted" attack actions because if he did the same thing and rolled low he would still be able to attack you. If you increase the distance past the very small 5 meters it becomes an even bigger problem as instead of wasting 1 attack action you could potentially waste SEVERAL attack actions if you roll low several times. But again the ranged player still get to hit you just fine every time. If you are even TRYING to get into melee then you will almost be guaranteed to be in range of the ranged guy.

Here is the thing. Change for Changes sake is usually a bad thing. If you want to change the rules it should be to improve the game in some way. Your proposed change has a number of issues:

1. It requires more dice rolling which will slow combat down.

2. Segmented movement itself requires more "paperwork" as you have to track every incremental movement which will further slow combat down

3. Movement becomes unpredictable, and to a highly unrealistic level that doesn't really simulate anything in fiction or real life. While someone might get a "burst of speed" you NEVER see someone who can normally run fast suddenly moving like molasses (which is possible with your system) without an external reason.

4. One of the tenants of game design theory is that players will weigh negative experiences higher than positive ones. Your system, as currently implemented, will have more negatives than positives to start with which means that it will likely not be received well, especially by players who have played by the original rules.

And what are the positives to this system? What does it improve? With your current pricing scheme you MIGHT roll high which MIGHT help you get somewhere quicker or give you that extra bit of damage for a moveby/movethrough (But note, extra damage will require REALLY good rolls, as you will need to roll 6 points over the average to get an extra die on a move through, 10 points over for an extra die on a move by.) And your just as likely to roll low (loosing dice) as you are to roll high. (although granted the rolling high is better valued)

Maybe if you tell me how you think this improves the game for you I would understand better.

A default option will help this somewhat. You might also allow players the option to buy un-rolled movement as well (you can price your rolled movement competitively so that it becomes an attractive option). That gives the player the choice as to whether they want to deal with the unpredictability of rolled movement.

Another possibility is instead of making all movement dice based you incorporate some form of "Boost" ability, either as an intrinsic ability for all players or as something you can buy (which would need to be priced cheaper than normal movement). With that system you would always have a predictable minimum move, but if you did SOMETHING (maybe pay extra end, or spent extra CP, or burned a HAP or whatever) you get a chance for a "burst of speed" which would add onto your base movement. This would give you a predictable move (eliminating most of the negatives of your system) while occasionally allowing you to go faster (adding in a positive). You could also pull that off by instead of having the OPTION to pick 3 per die (as I suggested earlier) making 3 per die the MINIMUM roll. So if you had 4d6 move and rolled 2 2 4 and 1, which would normally give you a 9 meter move, you instead get a 12 meter move. Again negating the possibility of those REALLY bad rolls (which is my main complaint with your system) would change my opinion considerably. (not sure I would favor it above the RAW system, but I definitely wouldn't be as opposed to it.)

wow you got back to me fast

I used a corrected distance 5meters to show the combat action you where pointing out even by book rules in combat if you want to move and attack with out charging in best you get is a half move so 6 meters

your standard action idea was great and only shows to prove talking to you is helpful

I don't see it as change for the sake of change in the past I have had to deal with beat the clock style scenarios this is just a way to flesh out these moments

1. yes this is a true point but with your suggestion that is for most of the time not a issue so thanks again on that

2. not really if no one has an action in a seg just process your move rate and go on to next segment

3. I this point I disagree with you but then if we had the exact same point of view what would be the point in debating the player and gm can make any of countless in moment logical reasons why the character did not preform at his best but now since it would only come up when he chose to roll in hopes of greater effect then normal really its a lost issue

4. again with your standard effect idea it mostly brings the game back in line with the old rules

positives of this system that is a very good question hear is what I see

- chance of better move results and benefits there of

- easy and consistent way to gage how fast your hero can move so no more speed times move resulting in bizarre super fast heroes do to high action scores (with exception of teleport) the fastest you can go is number of dice times 6 times 12 gives you per turn (or times 60 for per minute) try modeling a sports car move in this system go online type in the real world stats for kilmeters per hour convert to meters decided how much of that move is noncombat (so divide by 2 or 4 or 8 or 16 what ever sounds right to you) and divided the balance by 6 and you know how many move dice it would have.

- you can now have beat the clock moments in your game "I have planted bombs all over this building can you disarm them all in time!"

- gun have a combat advantage that they should have had all along

I could go on

the unrolled move option is due able so I can be flexible on this sort of idea I will think on it maybe 2pts per 1 move?

also the boost idea has merit let me play with what you put out hear and see if it feels right

please keep the ideas coming

Nothing much to disagree with this time, only a couple of minor points:

"Easy and consistent way to gage how fast your hero can move" statement. If that is all you are looking for then the normal segmented movement rules work just fine. Dice based segmented move does just the opposite, you NEVER know how fast your character will move. Someone with 5d6 move will occasionally be slower than someone with 1d6 movement! Granted its not likely but it can happen.

And while yes it is possible for a GM to rationalize why someone fails to perform to his best the RANGE that your dice based system provides between performances fails to make this plausible, especially at normal human levels (1d6 where you have no bell curve to even out the unlikely rolls). The range of performance is just ridiculously varied. You are equally as likely to move 1m as you are 6m.

That is why personally I think the Boost idea is the best. It is similar to "pushing" from the normal rules and gives you your beat the clock scenarios. Change the pushing rules for movement (and possibly all powers if you like) to be random instead of concrete. For instance instead of pushing for +1 END per CP you want to push a power, how about a 1d6 system, you pay 5 END (or less, up to you the final amount) to "push" for 1d6 CP of powers (possibly just movement if you wanted to limit this concept). Keep the normal "double AP" limit that the original pushing has, but allow the player to spend more to "guarantee" the roll. For instance if he just has 8m of Running he could still "push" for 4d6 CP of Running, but any result over an 8 would be wasted (he is just ensuring he gets as close to his max of 16m as possible and offsetting the possibility of a low roll). This allows you to create your "Beat the clock" scenario. Just make sure that base movement "looses" to the clock and requires pushing to be effective. It also adds a risk/reward element to such scenarios as the player has to decide how much END he is willing to spend on each phase. Too little and low rolls could cost him the "game". Too many and he will run out of steam before the game is over. IMHO this is better than a "beat the clock" scenario where the player has random movement TO START WITH and so never knows how far he is going to roll. While yes, he could still "push" in that scenario (assuming you allow pushing in your campaign) he still has to worry about a low roll with his movement die and there is NOTHING he can do about that. If his normal average move is enough to "beat the clock" then a low roll fails and the dice/movement system is to blame, not his choices (at least in the characters eyes). If he NEEDS a high roll to make it then you are just pushing him to fail since it is more likely. And while pushing is still an option the fact that the base movement is unreliable makes it hard to determine how much of a push is needed and again results in a more likely failure.

after playing it out over the weekend most of my players liked my take on movement but enough of them had reservation for me to back pedal and instead just keep the move decoupled from speed aspect but the d6 move has been moved to a new power instead of a set effect. psyber you gave me a lot of help thinking this out thanks man