Looking for an acceleration/velocity utility

Fitz

I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to mathematics. This has its down-side, unfortunately, when one is planning running a space opera campaign.

What I want is some utility into which I can plug an acceleration value (e.g. 3.2G) and a time value (e.g. 76 hours), and have it tell me how far I've travelled in that time, and what my velocity is. Also, I'd like to be able to plug in a distance and an acceleration value and have a trip time returned.

This seems to me to be the sort of thing that someone with an ounce of mathematical ability and programming skill could whip up in ten minutes, but unfortunately all my programming pals have moved to other cities. Has anyone out there in HeroLand done anything like this that they'd like to share?

Here is a quick Excel calculator I just whipped up. Just enter in the time and G's and the distance will be calculated for you. It has no error checking and uses simple Newtonian math so for high numbers it will return nonsensical info. As long as velocity reads below about 2 AU/hr you won't have enough time dilation to worry about. Above that you're going to start getting really wonky numbers.

Disclaimer: My last physics class was about 10 years ago. I believe the calculations are correct. But if I really screwed something up someone let me know and I'll fix it.