Area of Effect Accurate Selective and another Area of Effect

captainNeda

Question

Ok, I have a question about using two area of effects.  I am attempting to build Iron Man's Shoulder Pod miniature missiles as seen in Avengers.  This weapon is first seen , when he used to wipe out many Chitauri during the initial parts of the invasion.  According to the Marvel Wiki http://ironman.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_VII "The shoulder pod were miniature missiles and fires up to 92 missiles".

Building this as an autofire attack that can fire 92 rounds and be area of effect is cost prohibitive, so here is how I was considering the build,  "Mini-Missile Launcher (Shoulder):  Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Requires 1 charge for each meter fired into (+0), Armor Piercing (+1/4), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), Indirect (Source Point is the Character, path can change with every use; +1/2), No Range Modifier (+1/2), Accurate Selective (+3/4), Area Of Effect (64m Radius; +1 1/4) (157 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Limited Range (400m; -1/4), 92 Charges (+3/4)"

You'll note I placed Area of affect on there twice, once to represent being able to fire at multiple distinct targets (64m radius accurate selective ) and once to represent a hex size explosion (AE Radius Hex).  The creates an affect where all the miniature missiles could be fired at once (at 92 different targets), one at a time, or somewhere in between and have a chance of hitting their target.  I considered this build as I had some old 4th edition books that used multiple area of effects to redefine the areas of an attack (such as the tornado spell in fantasy hero).  I also found the Accurate Selective Advantage in the Advanced Players Guide I on page 134.

My question is it OK to have the two Area of Effects?  If not do you have some other ideas on how to build this power to represent what we see in the movie?

1 answer to this question