POWER Design help wanted

Vigil

Hey All,

I'm working on a character for a Dark Champions campaign and wanted some input as to how to design his powers.

You see this loon, based on Jack the Ripper, has the ability to manipulate and reconfigure metal.

So, essentially, what he does is converts his walking stick into a sword when he needs it to run people through etc.

Now, the greater amount of metal he has to work with the deadlier the pointy objects he can create. I was thinking along the lines of a really big HKA (maybe with a Variable Advantage to simulate the different types of blade he can create) with something like RSR and a Components type limitation since he needs some actual metal to work with and Limited: HKA is in proportion to the amount of metal he has available (so he can't turn a spoon into a 2 handed sword but he could transform it into a penknife type of thing). Or maybe it's better decribed as a VPP? That's the basics.

That being said, it struck me, that were he to get his hands, literally, on a powered armor wearing character he should be able to melt and refigure the armor to his own ends. But how would I reflect that as a power? Any suggestions? I think it could be beautiful to see powered armor boy's look when his armor melts away and he's facing a leering psychopath with nothing but his borthday suit on. Brings a smile to my face.

So, any suggestions on how to simulate the melt armor thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Vigil

:D

I'd give him an HKA with OIF object of opportunity limitation, and HKA limited by size of object.

To destroy power armour, how about a largeish dispel vs. all powers with a technological SFX (no range) ? Arguably, you could buy it against any one power of technological SFX, then strip away the power armour segment by segment.

hmmm...hadn't thought about that

Hey Tom,

Sounds like the dispel could be an interesting way to go. I was thinking along the line of a transformation myself (powered armour to liquid metal?) but the dispel may be a cheaper way to do it, and it would account for that niggling rPD that most PAs have.

Hmmmm...