Please tell me how to do this.

melessqr

Question

FREd, Page 118 Growth

"...Growth is for characters who can alter their size; if the character is exceptionally large all the time, he can simulate that by buying various Powers with that special effect (see page 85)."

I've got a character that was supposed to have 1 level of Growh on all the time (be exceptionally large all the time) and have 2 more levels of Growth that he can turn on and off... so, when fully grown, he's have 3 levels of growth, and be +3 Body, +3 Stun, -2 DCV, +2 Per Roll Against, +1 Hexes Reach, +15 Str...

Body and Stun... no problem... but +1 each 'ungrown'... Reach? 1 inch of Stretching linked to Growth, only useable when the power is used at max strength...

But, how the Heck do I buy the -2 DCV, and +2 Perception Roll Against linked to Growth, only useable with the power is used at Max Strength?

Melessqr

1 answer to this question

I do all that stuff with a package of abilities and Disadvantages. If you've got the HS Bestiary, Star Hero, or Fantasy Hero, they each have a selection of Size/Weight Package Deals for characters who are ordinarily larger or smaller than human norm all the time. They also have details on the specific Physical Limitations involved. You'd buy the items in the Size/Weight Package Deal for "Large" (the category one step up from human norm), then you could buy the extra Growth as normal. You might have to tinker with things a little bit to get just the right combination of abilities for what you have in mind, but the ability to tinker is, of course, one of the cool things about the HERO System. ;)

If you don't have any of those books, drop me a line at SteveL@herogames.com and I can summarize the info for you.