VPP Advice

Starwolf

Question

I have created a character for my wife. She-Devil has a VPP Demonic Spells (Magic Pool) 50 point base and 25 point control cost. I understand that she can have any combination of powers whose total real cost does not exceed 50 points. She requires a skill roll with no active point penalties to change her power, and the powers can be changed as a zero phase action. this makes the pool 100 active points. Now I understand that she can have for expample 1 50 point spell, or a mix of one 20 point spell and one 30 point spell. Is there a limit on the number of spells I can design that she can change to when she makes her skill roll?:)

1 answer to this question

Now I understand that she can have for expample 1 50 point spell, or a mix of one 20 point spell and one 30 point spell. Is there a limit on the number of spells I can design that she can change to when she makes her skill roll?

No, there's no limit at all., except whatever you impose as GM. For example, in a world patterned after Jack Vance's novel The Dying Earth, there are only 100 magic spells. No matter how big a wizard's VPP, he can't have more than that list of 100 to pick from. But that's a rare occurrence; in most worlds no such restrictions exist.

And to prove it, I'll tell a tale on myself that shows how big a geek I can be. :) Back when I was playing the Harbinger of Justice on a regular basis, he had a VPP for weapons. To ensure that I wouldn't slow down game play, and would always have an applicable weapon, I prepared a list of hundreds of them. Then I cross-referenced it by type of weapon, Advantages used, and other factors -- about 30 categories. The end result was a reference document of weapons about five inches thick. These days I'd just keep it all on a laptop, but back then all I had was a 5" D-ring binder and the muscles to lift it. ;)

So, write up as many spells as you like. ;)