Summon specific items

Tom2405

Hi i just read the thread about sunmon specific being. A wuestion popped up there and i didnt want to hijack the thread with it so i made this one.

For me the question is item related and i will use magical girls/sailor moon as example there (those are one of the few examples with regular item summonibgs i know of)

She can sunmon a crescent moon rod then later on a whatevername moon rod after gainibg more points and uses those to cast her spells.

The question here is. Would that count alreafy as specific beings? (If used as focus for her powers. If the items itself has her powers and casts them it is clear its a specific being althouugh what would it be if someone else cant use that spell is thrre any adder for that?)

Another part of the question is the silence glaive. It is a highly feared weapon recognizeable immediately (and quite powerful in terms of stats). Would that already count as specific being or only if it is different from other silence glaives?

You are overthinking the item. Iron Man's suit is known and respected (if no even feared). It's still either and Only in Alternate ID or an Obvious Accessable Focus. The rest is backstory.

If the PC can summon it from anywhere it's just a special effect of the power(or Only in Alternate ID). If someone can take it away and keep the PC from using the powers bound in the items until she can summon the items again then it's restrainable. You can make Foci "Personal" which means that the item can be taken, but no used by someone other than the PC (though a GM might for story reasons allow it for a special adventure, remember when I recommened being able to do things without powers?...)

Yepp rember that.

For your second part (sry on phone quoting is a hasssle on phone). Iam not sure if i understand what you mean there 100%.

So lets take a blast that is bound to the item (can only be done if the item is present else only at 1/2 strength with the same endurance cost as the full blast ). And a blast that is "stored" in the item.

Did you mean the first version with focus being the item (personal restraibable easily access). Or

Did you mean the second version and you have a normal summon that csn summon such an item?

what you are describing would be something like this

20  6d6 Blast x2 endurance

+22 or +30 +6d6 Blast, 0 end, OAF, or Restrainable (If summoned)

42 Points for the OAF version, 50 for the restainable (where the foci becomes a special effect) 

Using summon to do this is a lot like using a bazooka to kill cockroaches.  It can work, but you are getting stuck on a special effect (Magic wand appear).  What happens if the wand gets taken away after it is summoned?  If it can be summoned back it is at best a Restrainable power, if it cannot be used until gotten back it is a OAF, if only she can use it then it is personal, if anyone can it is not (And the restainable would need another advantage) 

The point is that do not get caught up with F/X, if it is something she makes appear and can shoot Blasts from then the end result is a blast power

Another example Bee Keeper has a power to summon a swarm of Bee's from his belt buckle.  They sting opponents and keep doing so.  I could build it as a summon (or a summon x100) but I would rather build it as a Continuous AE RKA

So in that example the bees are mere special effects but also a -0 limitation so that if he summons them inside a anti pest cloud the blast has no effect aside from dead bees?

In this case the object could be summoned back into the hand costing 1 mana (endurance reserve with long time neededd to regenerate). But else power can only be used at half strenghth or double end cost (not decided yet) if the object is taken away. If it is destroyyed it can be recreated the se way as if returned to the hand