Martial combined Attacks

JmOz

Question

Can a character use two powers as part of a Martial arts maneuver?

Example: Character has a 8d6 Blast, a 5d6 Flash and a ranged Martial arts packet including Offensive Shot (-1/-1 +4DC)..  Could he fire off a single shot that would be a 12d6 Blast +9d6 Flash 

1 answer to this question

I’m not 100% sure I understand what you’re asking, so I’m going to re-state your question in a more generic form so you (and everyone else out there in HeroLand!) will know what I’m answering. If I’ve mis-read what you’re asking, please post a follow-up.

Q:  Can a character make a Combined Attack (6E2 74) with a Martial Maneuver? For example, could he make a Combined Attack with Claws (HKA 1d6) + Bite (HKA ½d6) and make that Attack via Martial Strike so that he gets the DCV and damage bonus that Martial Strike provides? Or could he use his Blast 10d6 + Sight Group Flash 6d6 as a Combined Attack via Offensive Shot?

A:  No. By definition a Combined Attack is a form of Strike, so it can’t be some other Maneuver (Martial or otherwise). But of course, the GM can allow anything he wants — for some campaigns the sort of thing you’re describing might fit well.