Stun only vs. living?

Dr. Confoundo

I'm still putting together the ghostly cowboy (from the Attacking while Desolid thread) for one of my players, and I ran into another question. As this player has never played before, I am writing up his character from a series of email conversations we've had about the character.

The player wants the attacks that this character makes with his ghostly sixguns to only do stun damage against living creatures, but to do regular damage vs. supernatural creatures and objects. The character already has the ability to Sense Life Force (at range), so he can tell if something is alive or dead just by looking at it. Would you allow "Stun only vs. living creatures" as a +0 advantage, or should this cost some extra points?

Or should he have two separate attacks in a multipower, one vs. the living and "Stun Only" and one vs. everything else, doing normal damage?

Originally posted by Toadmaster

But that would actually make a limitation on the power actually cost more than buying the power straight?

STUN Only is a Limitation not worth any points. {shrugs}. No reason to take it other than flavor.

Actually, the other one (which affects other Desolids) may need to take Affects Desolid depending on how generous the GM is feeling w/ the "same kind of Desolid" clause.

Does the ghost cowboy actually need to Sense Life before using the power, to decide which effect to use (STUN Only vs. regular damage)? If so, sounds like a Multipower (or Naked Advantage -- but it'd be a +0 STUN Only naked advantage, which doesn't make much sense...).

But, if the ghost cowboy simply shoots at the target, and if the target is living they only take STUN damage (without the ghost cowboy making any decisions or PER rolls), then that sounds like a significant Advantage. I'd probably suggest +1/4 to +1/2, and tell the player it might be adjusted after a few sessions if it seems more or less powerful in play.

IMO stun only being a -0 lim should only be in 4 Color Champions games.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

STUN Only is a Limitation not worth any points. {shrugs}. No reason to take it other than flavor.

Actually, the other one (which affects other Desolids) may need to take Affects Desolid depending on how generous the GM is feeling w/ the "same kind of Desolid" clause.